Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Giraud trimmer today. Thus I have 1200 pieces of 5.56 brass trimmed, deburred and chamfered. The thing works great. It is very well built, it came set up for the 5.56 . I adjusted it slightly for the overall length and went to work. If your on the fence about getting one I would say go for it. The customer service was great. It shipped when they said it would. Their is a couple of weeks wait time. I also ordered a 6.5 Creedmoor bushing and cutter to try. Plenty of videos are available with a Google search.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I had to Google it. Now that's a spendy trimmer.
I think I'll stick with my Lyman for now.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
The Giraud is a fantastic machine. I haven't owned one, but I used to send my brass out to a friend when I was 3 gun shooting that had one, because it was SO MUCH FASTER to trim massive batches (5-10k rounds at a time) than with any other method. I split the cost of the trimmer with him at the time, he kept it, but put in the labor on my brass in trade.

My personal bench still has an RCBS Pro-Trim, upgraded with a universal shell holder. I keep saying I'll add a motor someday, but every time I look at one to buy it, I remind myself I'd be time and energy ahead to just buy a Giraud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts