Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve acquired a few Girsans lately. A couple 1911’s and a Beretta 92 clone. They are good guns, and they are available locally. Most of my guns are American, but I really don’t have a problem with European guns also……even if it is Turkey. The problem is I’m not sure where my newest one is made. It’s a 10mm with the 6” barrel. Check it out😂, the u has umlauts and I’m pretty sure that’s not how Turkey is spelled. Pretty funny.
Trigger Line Air gun Font Shotgun

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have had 2 SAR (Sarzilmaz) pistols. Currently I just have one, a K2 in 45 acp.
The B6P that I sold was an excellent carry gun.
My son has a Canik.

They are all nice guns; accurate and dependable. They are well made but may lack some polish/detail.

My only concern with Turkish made firearms is that our relationship with Turkey seems to be deteriorating somewhat the last few years.
If that relationship tanks completely or some politician decides to no longer import firearms from Turkey (or Czech Republic, France, Spain, etc) then what happens to parts or customer service.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Actually...🇹🇷 I have been to Turkey. Way back around 69?....I was 3rd AE on the S/S Transolar. We went to Samsun- right where Canik is made. Didn't see anything much-just discharged some cargo and moved on.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Actually...🇹🇷 I have been to Turkey. Way back around 69?....I was 3rd AE on the S/S Transolar. We went to Samsun- right where Canik is made. Didn't see anything much-just discharged some cargo and moved on.
I've been there a couple of times but a bit more recently than you. I ended up talking guns with the owner of a shop I was browsing during a visit, and he showed me a Beretta clone he had in his safe, there, and let me handle it. I'm pretty sure it was a Girsan.

On another occasion out there, my buddy and I were talking to the bartender at a bar in Taksim Square one evening toward closing time, and he gave us a bunch of free beer while we visited. Generally, the Turks seemed to be friendly and hospitable.

When it comes to buying guns or other products from foreign sources where the relationship seems compromised, China is the only place I've actively tried to avoid. I judge things based on the people I have met in those other countries, rather than on their governments. I ran across too many nice Turks out there to ever decide that I'll avoid their products.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I understand availability. For instance, it has been reported that someday, ruger/marlin will produce a .357 lever someday. However, someday has been postponed. And even if someday comes, are they going to produce 150 units and let us all fight over them??? Dark days in deed! So, I am often tempted to go to winchesters made in japan units.....

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I understand availability. For instance, it has been reported that someday, ruger/marlin will produce a .357 lever someday. However, someday has been postponed. And even if someday comes, are they going to produce 150 units and let us all fight over them??? Dark days in deed! So, I am often tempted to go to winchesters made in japan units.....
I went Miroku and don't regret it a bit. My 1873 in .357 Magnum is a beautifully crafter rifle and smooth as butter to run. Maybe an 1894 would have been better just for the strength of the action, but they didn't have any of those when I bought my 1873. It's alright, though. My 1873 is historically correct (aside from caliber) and a significant part of our country's history.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Turkiye = Turkey. I am part Turkish, btw. Good guns, even if I am not fond of their current leadership.
At least you aren't Greek and found out your part-Turkish heritage later on. :p

But seriously, Erdogan has done some pretty terrible things to a population that doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. I'm sick of seeing countries I've visited turning into places that are entirely different.

·
Registered
194 Posts
So I’ve acquired a few Girsans lately. A couple 1911’s and a Beretta 92 clone. They are good guns, and they are available locally. Most of my guns are American, but I really don’t have a problem with European guns also……even if it is Turkey. The problem is I’m not sure where my newest one is made. It’s a 10mm with the 6” barrel. Check it out😂, the u has umlauts and I’m pretty sure that’s not how Turkey is spelled. Pretty funny. View attachment 176096
Here you go my friend I remember reading about this sometime this year.
Jacket Font Poster Event Advertising

1 - 20 of 20 Posts