Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 10/22 lite target for my grandson we started shooting steel and I wanted him to have a good rim fire. Everybody was saying how good the 10/22's are but I must have bought the one that was made on Monday, right out of the box started jamming tried different ammo still jammed sent it back to Ruger they said it was the ruger mags. They said it was fixed and send it back well started jamming again sent it back they polished the mags said it was fixed and sent it back said to use high velocity ammo so I bought CCI stingers 7.99 for 50rds 1640 fps thought it was fixed we went to the completion and guest what had 5 jams. Will they refund my money and I'll buy something else?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just curious, when you say jamb, do you mean failure to feed, failure to eject, stovepipe or what? Maybe if you explained what the problem was exactly someone here could help.

As for will they refund your money? I would think that you would need to contact Ruger on that issue, give them dates it was worked on by Ruger and what was done and let them know it still isn't working.

Sorry to hear you are having all those issues with the 10/22. I bought mine in the 90s and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
CCI Mini Mags or CCI Standard both work in all 4 of my 10/22s, they even work in my Mark2 pistol. Other ammo is hit or miss. My 10/22s will function with any good ammo but is more accurate with the better ammo.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
OP, the general rule with a 10/22 is that it should work. It should give you Glock-like reliability. If it doesn’t do that it’s broke and needs to go back to Ruger until they either fix it or give you a new one or your money back.

CCI Mini-Mags are the unofficial reference ammo for semi-auto .22 guns. A semi-auto .22 that doesn’t run on Mini-Mags has a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Remington Model 597 .22 rifle. If you decide to replace your 10/22 DO NOT make that mistake. Buy anything besides the Remington.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It goes in and hit the top edge of the barrel and jams. It bends the casing and put a v shape in the bullet.

·
Exchequer
4,421 Posts
OP-

If you have not already done so, please share those photos with Ruger customer service.

Ruger will make it right - eventually perhaps - but they'll take care of you.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I've owned nearly a dozen 10/22 rifles and have never had a problem. If there's one thing Ruger excels at it's rimfire firearms (10/22, Charger, Mark series, Single Six, etc). I would contact them and point them to this thread. They will make it right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My Grandson is Cayden look at the scores he placed 8th even with the jams just luckily he had only two jams on 1 string and they throw out your highest time. He's only 7 yrs old.

Attachments

·
Exchequer
4,421 Posts
I have sent pic's and this will be the 3rd time I have sent it back.
If push comes to shove - if they just can't get this worked out to your satisfaction - you can ask Ruger to replace the rifle.

But first:

When the "jams" occur, is it the last round in the magazine by any chance?

Is it only when you pull the slide back to chamber the first round, or does it happen as the rifle cycles a new round into the chamber after firing a round?

Have you tried loading just one or two rounds into a magazine to see if you can replicate the issue?

Just trying to narrow things down a bit here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The magazine needs to be taken apart cleaned lubed (and not much dry lube preferred) and reassembled, looks like the factory didn't get the mag properly lubed during assembly. the 25 round mags had this issue.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm not a Ruger apologist, and I'll say that in my 40+ years working on guns as much as 75-80% of feed problems with semi-autos is caused by magazines, IME. Ammo is a huge consideration with rimfires, especially semi-autos. I would try a 1/2 dozen different magazines, and several different types of ammo before I gave up.

I asked a gun manufacturer to replace a gun once, and they did. The one they gave me was even worse than the one it replaced! For the record, it was not Ruger.

·
Registered
470 Posts
OP, the general rule with a 10/22 is that it should work. It should give you Glock-like reliability. If it doesn’t do that it’s broke and needs to go back to Ruger until they either fix it or give you a new one or your money back.

CCI Mini-Mags are the unofficial reference ammo for semi-auto .22 guns. A semi-auto .22 that doesn’t run on Mini-Mags has a problem.
+++1:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts