Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... design the GP 100.

I've had nightmares that if he had, he would have put
finger grooves on the barrel underlug with the idea the gun could be turned around and used as a hammer. :eek:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yup I don't like finger grooves either. The grip frame spike is the only thing I don't like about the GP/SP series. A regular style grip frame would be sweet.

·
Cat Herder
1,656 Posts
The LCR Hogues fit like a glove for me. The SP one is almost as good.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yup I don't like finger grooves either. The grip frame spike is the only thing I don't like about the GP/SP series.
Spike? What's that? There are GP grips without finger grooves. I like both the compact and "full size" "Lett" grips.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The firearms trend of the 2010's is to finger-groove everything......

Hogue and Pachmayr finger groove grips have been around forever but it seems lately everyone want to "Hogue" everything. It goes with the new "tactical" trend I guess.

The Hogues I have tried for my Blackhawks and GP100's seem like they are fitted for people with gorilla hands.

In the 80's, when I was a kid and my Dad had S&W revolvers, everyone was taking the wood grips off of them and slapping Hogues and Pachmayrs on them. Now people are paying $100+ for wood grips on EBay to make the same revolvers "factory" , go figure. I told my Dad I was putting the facory woods back on his 586 and 66, luckily he put them in the box back in the late 80's when he put Hogues on the guns....

Heck I even saw a Bic lighter at the convenience store with finger grooves.....

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I never cared for finger grooves on my guns. I like the ergonomic rubber texture grips on my CZ-PCR for an EDC. The factory grips really make it stick in your hand and really help hold it in carry position very well. I also have a set of hogue thin flat rubber grips on a Beretta 92 that I like for the same reason. .
But generally, give me some good old fashioned hardwood.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Certain guns are better with Hogues, some are not. On P-Series guns the Hogue is a huge improvement. On a GP100, it detracts from the look of the revolver without adding a lot of utility. On a Super Redhawk, I use the panel type grips for show and for shooting 1 box of ammo. Any more than 1 box and I put on the Hogue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts