Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No wonder they won't go to war they are too busy practicing shooting I guess.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Don't guess they eat red beans over there?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Looks more like the San Francisco S.W.I.S.H. team to me...disgusting...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
:DLOL.It looks like the sissy sniper team.Maybe a pink rifle in a mild kicking caliber would help.;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's pretty much a position all of them guys are used to-- that and the ol' grab your ass with both hands and run away position......:D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Well the french tanks did beat our tanks in a speed race. But the french tank was running in backwards. Seems they are set up to have one speed forward but a 5-speed reverse.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have seen some pretty outlandish techniques around this planet, but this one REALLY takes the cake.

Can you just imagine what an enemy shooter sees through his scope in this situation?

Talk about 'bullseye' shooting!!![:p]

·
Registered
63 Posts
This occurred to me sometime in the past while watching a special on the French Foreign Legion. These guys are some of the biggest bad asses in any form of military service, and they invariably end up in a lot of hot spots. Those that serve the minimum term of service can 100% expect to be put under fire at some point.

They simply don’t put their military at risk like every other world power. If they have problems with their sphere of influence they send in the Foreign Legion.

They of course are not French (for the most part).

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the real funny part of that picture is that the one on his knees looks just like one of the Lt's at work I showed it to him and asked if her was ever in the French Army. He never said a word.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They say that rifle is pretty alsome, But I think I would take the Barret 50 over that one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
And I heard that they do not even use real ammunition, not even blank ammunition...they just say " Bang-Bang " in French of course !

Q. How do you say "Give me liberty or give me death!" in French?
A. I give up.

Q. How many Frenchmen does it take to defend Paris?
A. Nobody knows. It's never been tried.

Q. What do you call 100,000 Frenchmen with their hands up?
A. The French Army.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol good one

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Why are we surprised? ...and now, from the country which gave us the boutonniere....the booty-in-air shooting position....

·
Banned
282 Posts
Last year I had the distinct privilege of visiting Omaha Beach, Normandy, France. It was the only place my wife and I wanted to visit while our cruise ship docked in France. We walked on the beach, paid for in American blood and I brought a little bit of the sand home, where it now occupies a place of honor.

Next we visited the American Cemetery. It is indeed hallowed ground. While there, I saw a platoon of French soldiers, in uniform also visiting. I inquired, and learned they were there to pay respects and to honor the fallen Americans who gave them back their freedoms. They were reverent and respectful.

Since that day, I’ve cut the French military a bit of slack. After all, they are not responsible for their nation’s politics, just as we are not responsible for ours.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts