Ruger Forum banner

Glock 30SF Project Continued.

2K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  Tacky 
#1 ·
New barrel and spring are here. Now need to get to the range and see if it works.
Will be taking the Wife and her 38 SPL so she can see if that shoots better. 🤞

Auto part Household hardware Font Metal Tool
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

See less See more
#30 ·
KKM Precision...they make some really nice barrels...and they're accurate too!
I have a 30SF that has a KKM Precision XL barrel (4.5" or same as Glock 21) and a 24# recoil spring in it and it'll shoot .45 Super and .450 SMC (from Double Tap Ammo.)
It kicks a bit but otherwise it makes for a good hiking pistol...at least east of the Mississippi.

#13 ·
Alot of web sites state not to shoot reloads through a Glock barrel, so I bought
a KKM just in case. Will give it a try and if it doesn't perform well I will use the
original Glock barrel and take my chance with new or once fired brass and
copper jacketed bullets. The spring was just a thought, will see if it works or
not.

#18 ·
@Redhawk100 is correct. Jacketed bullets are fine. Lead is an issue. It’s worth the hassle to get polygonal rifling. A Glock barrel lasts forever and is easy to clean…if you are in to all that cleaning stuff.

@rmichael63 is waiting on the new Glock coming out in 41 magnum. Then he will come out of the closet faster than Sam Briton.

#24 ·
@rmichael63
My wife has been known to paint my toe nails cherry red, if I fall asleep during a movie on TV. Then not telling me.

Several years back, she did this a few days before I left for a four day motorcycle rally in the Smoky Mountains. I left my toes looking purdy. I walked around the Rally in flip flops several times.

Years later I still have a tarnished reputation over it.

#26 ·
@rmichael63
My wife has been known to paint my toe nails cherry red, if I fall asleep during a movie on TV. Then not telling me.

Several years back, she did this a few days before I left for a four day motorcycle rally in the Smoky Mountains. I left my toes looking purdy. I walked around the Rally in flip flops several times.

Years later I still have a tarnished reputation over it.
I heard about you and your storied reputation down at the schvitz ... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tell your wife she gets instant street cred for the toe paint ...

#25 ·
Going to take the Glock and all the parts to the range and if it turns out that the Factory Parts work better then
so be it. All I want is a reliable small form fit 45 ACP that I can make my own bullets for. In CA you can't always get
factory ammunition anymore and at some point I am going to have to order big on the makings so I don't have to
worry about some new stupid gun laws that might come up. :sneaky:

#39 ·
If I Were Given a Glock, I'd sell it. Just My Humble Opinionn as a Combat Infantryman, Hunter, Reloader, and Collector of 50yrs.
To each His own. Enjoy
If I were given glock, I'd disown the person who gave it to me ... 🤣🤣🤣

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.