Votes: 13 39.4%
  • S&W M&P

Votes: 20 60.6%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone told you that you could have a new Glock Gen 3 or 4 or a S&W M&P pistol free and clear which would you choose, caliber is not important, just vote on the make of the gun. BTW wishfull thinking on my part, never has happened and I doubt if it ever will.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I did have the choice - not free and clear as I did have to pay for it.

I bought the M&P 40 Pro and with an Apex trigger kit installed it is a fine pistol. Admittedly I have not owned a Glock or handled very many for more than a few minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
M&P

I too had the choice between all three top polymer guns. Glock Gen4, Springfield XDm, and S&W M&P. I chose the M&P due mostly to how I could grip it easier. The other two are more square. I have loved it ever since and zero misfires no matter what I feed it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Had a chance for a nice, like new Glock from a LEO I know but paid $100 more for a new M&P40. Made a good choice I think. There's nothing wrong with glocks - I just like the M&P style better. And I am totally happy with my M&P. And with S&W!

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,351 Posts
I've shot many Glocks along the way but much prefer the ergonomics of my M&P

·
Registered
118 Posts
Really like my M&P.40 so far :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'd take the M&P, the Glock is a fine gun, I just don't care for the grip angle.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
M&P for me. Better grip, better trigger, and a manual safety if you want one.

·
Registered
137 Posts
A handgun might fit your hand better than someone else's hand and vice versa.

If you have a choice between two different handguns, handle and shoot both of them before you decide. Only you can decide which one fits your hand better and which one will work for you.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I don't usually worry too much about looks since I think of a gun as a tool rather than a piece of art, but I make an exceptions when it comes to Blocks. Nothing but boxy right angles on a too thick gun, IMHO.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I voted with my $$. When I was considering my first pistol I shot a full size M&P, an XD Service in 9mm and a Glock 19. The Glock simply didn't feel right in my hand although I shot it ok. I ended up getting a full size M&P 9mm and later added an XD Service in .40 S&W.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's a draw in my household as I currently own both a Glock and an M&P..... both are good guns that do exactly what they are designed for without a hint of a problem. Not the most attractive looking gun, but then again they are a tool, not a piece of artwork. So with that, to each his own..... pick the one you like the most that fits your hand and your budget the best. Or in this case, take the one that is offered to you for free........

·
Registered
40 Posts
The M&P got my vote! I have a compact with an Apex trigger modification. The gun is very accurate & I love the feel of it.

I have a lot of respect for the Glocks, but they don't feel right in my hand.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
S&W

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
For me a gun is both a tool AND a piece of art. I have several including an M&P 45c and a M&P 40. Zero Glocks. To each their own however.

·
finder of holes
186 Posts
I base my opinions off of which feels better for me to shoot. I've shot both. Personally I like the Glock better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have both the M&P 40 compact and the full size. Apex R.A.M. triger on the full size. Never got turned on by the black glock of wood with it's weird grip angle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
m&p wins from me and i have never shot one.i have held them and love how they feel.my bf had a glock 19 and it was a turd.stove pipes and it is hard to shoot a gun with hot brass smacking you in the face.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As soon as I picked up, held and tried the M&P, I knew it was for me. The fit, balance and ergonomics just feels right in my hand.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts