Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I was at the farm wasting some brass. Upon reloading a glocks 32c .357sig, I hit the slide release and BANG! The pistol slam fired. Now I know glocks is know for their "safe action", so what the hell happened? Needless to say it was immediately unloaded and locked away till I can afford to take it to a gunsmith since I found no obviously broken or worn parts during inspection of the pistol once I got home. Thoughts?

·
Registered
703 Posts
A few weeks ago I was at the farm wasting some brass. Upon reloading a glocks 32c .357sig, I hit the slide release and BANG! The pistol slam fired. Now I know glocks is know for their "safe action", so what the hell happened? Needless to say it was immediately unloaded and locked away till I can afford to take it to a gunsmith since I found no obviously broken or worn parts during inspection of the pistol once I got home. Thoughts?
Found this:
Glock slam fire, is it just a myth? - The Firing Line Forums
Gets interesting around post #7.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing seemed abnormal. And it was good winchester ammo. The cheap ammo does not reliably cycle the weapon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a G27 slam fire several years ago, single loaded a round in the chamber and dropped the slide. Luckily the pistol was pointed in a safe direction. Have not been able to duplicate this event. Scary as hell!

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Firing pin stuck forward? Dirty striker channel?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I've owned several Glocks and not had a slam fire. I have followed Factory advice to function check after field strip and cleaning, check the striker for free movement and complete retraction and doesn't extend from the firing pin hole.

Saying that, just in case, I keep the barrel pointed in a safe direction and finger off the trigger when loading a magazine and round into the chamber.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts