Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think of this i am getting rid of my glocks and changing to rugers i already have a p89 stainless immaculate condition and tonight i ordered a p944 stainless i hope the p944 does not have the snappy recoil of the glock 22 of course in 40 caliber

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I love the Ruger Pseries-have enjoyed the KP97 and KP90-now I want the KP95DC-----something about the stainless and rugged look just thrills my heart....I don't think you'll ever look back! I had a G22---it just wasn't a .45---.45 has more push than snap and I've found that in any gun I've fired-.45 is easier to hit consistently and more fun to shoot. Welcome to the Forum-drop by the Early Riser's Coffee Shop in the Tavern and enjoy a hot cuppa on me!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you all for the nice replies this is such a friendly helpful forum more so than glock talk thank you

·
Registered
253 Posts
It isn't an "either/or" question. I love my Glock 22 (and mine doesn't have "snappy recoil"), and I also love my Ruger P95 and P97.

Glock and Ruger both make excellent weapons.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad you're here. Make yourself at home and enjoy. I don't think that you can find any better guns, for the price, than Rugers. I also like the P-series.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I don't have any more Blocks, I mean Glocks but used to, and it was a love hate relationship. Now having said that, I was in my local SGS last night, and saw a Ruger P95PDR15

These are very nice, and compared to the price of a Block, oh I mean Glock it wins hands down.

You just got to remember shot placements count, misses don't.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I prefer Rugers over Glocks as well. However I just purchased a G27 for my CCW, because Ruger doesn't make a subcompact (yet).

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Also about Glock Talk, I recently signed up with them to talk about the lack of manual safety and carrying options. After a few minutes browsing their forums, I seen the hostility of the members there. I am sure glad we don't have members like that here.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Keith, most of the other forums I visit have a lot of hostile members. Some I used to hit frequently, but I got tired of the bickering and name-calling. That's why I like it here and hope it stays this way.

·
Registered
880 Posts
There's much to be said about the "P" series...most all of it positive.

And, now with the lighter-weight models...while not quite as light as the Glocks...ease of carry is enhanced. Personally...and I own both...I'll always feel safer with th' "P" series.

Did carry a Glock on th' job for a few months but never was quite at ease with it...maybe just 'cause I'm set in my old ways!

Welcome, by th' way, from S/E Texas. You've found what's probably the friendliest forum around!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

Also about Glock Talk, I recently signed up with them to talk about the lack of manual safety and carrying options. After a few minutes browsing their forums, I seen the hostility of the members there. I am sure glad we don't have members like that here.
They are a hostile bunch, those Glock Talkers!;)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Some folks don't know the difference between a man with a gun....and a gun with a man....the attitude tells it all...

·
jlweems
278 Posts
I love my KP95DR, but I must confess that I shoot much better with my Glock 19. It actually hurt my feelings when I shoot them in a head to head comparison. My P95 is a great performer though; so, it will always have a place with me, especially in tandem with my PC9. I'd also like to add a KP95R and a P89 to keep it company. :) A P90 would be nice as well.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
While not a Glock, the Springfield XDs seem to receive the most comparisons to them of all the other polymer pistols. And while I do own an XD .45 ACP Tactical and like it a lot, I don't like it as much as my Rugers or my Taurus firearms.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I have a problem. In the 1950's I started shooting Rugers. Even though I have several other brands of firearms, every time I buy a new one, its a Ruger. If they have served you well over the years, It's hard to buy something else.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts