Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
@Wheelguns ... pretty much spot on. I don't own a Glock and never will. Life's to short and when you're on the back nine of life who wants to mess with an ugly gun.
I kinda feel the same way. It's just a tool. As long as it works I'll probably never own another. It's like that reliable tool you have in the box. It works and you're intimately familiar with it. But except when you need it you rarely give it another thought. I don't really enjoy it. For me most firearms are more then tools. Some are art. Some are history. Some are just fun. And some are all of the above. The Glock is really none of those to me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What made me a Glock fan was carrying a G23 on a week long backpack trip. It’s light weight while providing hot .40 loads for self defense against man and beast was appreciated. Also… it rained part of every day, and when it wasn’t sprinkling, it was hot and humid. That Glock spent the week in my sweaty waistband or a the damp side pocket of my pack. The cheap Uncle Mikes fabric holster I used was largely destroyed by the experience. But that Glock came home looking like it never left the house.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Plant Green Bumper Wood Tree
Cover your eyes, sensitive souls…
I honestly don’t think they are “ugly”. Especially a police surplus Gen4 G22 with night sights bought like new for a ridiculously cheap price.

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
It all comes down to personal preference ... I hold no I'll will towards anyone who owns, carries and shoots a glock ... I just know what I like and a glock isn't it ...

·
Corps Commander NGV
7,636 Posts
My attitude is If it aint wood and it aint blue steel it aint mine. I just can't get warm about the Glock, Not saying they don't have their place though.
I love blue steel, wood grips, revolvers, and classic rifles. I have never purchased a Glock. I do have an emotional connection to the Gen 2 G22 I inherited from a favorite uncle though. It was his duty weapon, and I have the receipt from where he purchased it from his agency. It shoots great, is utterly reliable, and has ridden many a mile with me over the last 14 years. Even using a filter can't make it pretty however. :)
Air gun Trigger Ammunition Bullet Gun barrel
Office supplies Office equipment Bullet Material property Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Bullet Ammunition Gun barrel

·
Registered
286 Posts
I love blue steel, wood grips, revolvers, and classic rifles. I have never purchased a Glock. I do have an emotional connection to the Gen 2 G22 I inherited from a favorite uncle though. It was his duty weapon, and I have the receipt from where he purchased it from his agency. It shoots great, is utterly reliable, and has ridden many a mile with me over the last 14 years. Even using a filter can't make it pretty however. :)
View attachment 169877 View attachment 169878 View attachment 169879
After maybe 15,000 rounds through mine over the course of a career in LE, and having only replaced the mag springs, I took my Gen 2, G23 down to Front Sight for a 4 day defensive handgun course. We were expected to shoot 1K rounds during the course. So I took a spring kit along, expecting I would break one somewhere along the line considering the round count already under her belt. NOPE! I didn't even clean it over the 4 days. Never a hiccup the whole time. That was a year ago and I still haven't replaced any springs.YEP, it won't win any beauty contests, and it's hard to get excited about shooting it. But like I said earlier in this thread, this Glock is just a tool for me. But it's a dependable tool.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts