Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Move over .44 Magnum and make way for a 28 gauge revolver!

Yeah, I know the ATF sunk their claws into this one saying it's not a pistol, but rather an SBS, but hey it was fun while it lasted! :cool:

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Wow!
That's a really big revolver. ... :eek:..:p
Might be difficult to conceal carry. ... :D

·
Banned
365 Posts
I wonder what the one shot stopping power of that hand cannon would be? Not to mention the recoil, and trying to get a follow up shot off.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm having a hard time imagining any usful purpose for this revolver. Just seems to me Taurus is grasping at straws in an attempt to pander to the 'mine is bigger' crowd.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm having a hard time imagining any usful purpose for this revolver. Just seems to me Taurus is grasping at straws in an attempt to pander to the 'mine is bigger' crowd.
Taurus for quite awhile has always seemed to cater to the "dangerous game defense" handguns. You know, a powerhouse in a small form. I think that's what they were going for here. Although that's hardly a small form. :p

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Too bad that wasn't around when this guy was on television.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good lord! I always tell my customers that a Judge is excellent for road trips and home defense. This monster, though? I can't help but think I'd feel bad.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too bad that wasn't around when this guy was on television.

LOL! He was such a bafoon in that show he would have probably got hit in the face from the recoil. Loved the episode where he didn't have a suppressor, but rather a "loudener". :D

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And just in case some folks reading this thread don't know or don't care to Google it, a 28 gauge is a .55 caliber.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts