Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have copied this verbatim from the GOEX website to wit:
GOEX, Inc. is beginning a campaign to reclassify black powder, from explosive category 1.1 to the same hazard and handling class as smokeless powder, class 1.3.
This change would affect transportation and storage rules. THe Bureau of Alchohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) closely regulates class 1.1 product. Class 1.3 material is regulated to assure safe handling, but does not fall under close BATFE scrutiny, record keeping or review.
We have established a clear scientific basis that black powder, especially sporting powders, are no more hazardous than smokeless powder, and should be regulated similarly. What we need to establish next is what extra attention from the BATFE and other transport and handling diffrences has cost the consumer, the dealer and the distributor.
To do this we need you to tell us- has the 1.1 classification of black powder imposed hardship, or increased your cost? Especially, we need to hear from anyone who has given up a license, or had their federal license revoked due to black powder regulations or actions by the BATFE related to the handling of black powder. Would you expect to see any benefits from this proposed change?
Again, we would apprecaite hearing from consumers, dealers, and distributors of black powder so that we can forward your thoughts to Washington.
Write to us:
GOEX,Inc.
c/o Black Powder Campaign
P.O. Box 659 Doyline, LA
71023-0659

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Been saying this for years, finally some resolve. Heck a static spark won't even set black powder off, and has been tested many times over to prove it.

I will say that I don't use it any longer, as I am no longer shooting BPCR.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
about time, its hard because of the regs to find someone carrying bp and i hate to use substitute bp as its too expensive and just ain't the same.
they do this and bp should drop in price as well..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts