Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went shooting today with a friend, we practise cowboy action shooting I shot my 45's and then he let me shoot his 357/ 38's wow there is a big differance and of course the saving on reloading. It would take me reloading 23,000 rounds of 38sp to completely pay for the new to me Vaquero's and a reproduction winchester 66 in 38 sp. Thats about 38 months of shooting 600 rounds a month. Any how I like the idea of doing alot of reloading and shooting to save money lol.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sounds good Snuffy. Just send the 45s to me for safekeeping while you shoot up the 38s. They need a little lovin' too.
Oh, and I like your logic on reloading to pay off the Vaqueros----

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. The 45's are staying with me. I will do my practise with them and shoot the 38's for the match's. Yea I like my logic myself, have had it for years maybe it why I can never stay married lol. But when its just you you have no one to please but yourself.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If you're going to shoot a lot, .38 special is better than .45 I would think. Cheaper, and it won't pound your wrists as much. Plus I think it would be quicker to shoot a smaller recoil. Am I correct?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep your right. I bought a friend out years ago and he did alot of target shooting. So I have some 4,000 plus wad cutters, the won't work too well in a lever rifle but they will do just fine in the six shooter's. This will be a major savings, beside I wanted the shooters any how lol.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are old style I like them better. I have plenty of 38 wad cutters. And at 2.2 mim charge of WW231 a pound of powder will last a good long time. I will have to buy bullets for the rifle but that is all for a long time.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Nice. I like the old model better too. I've been looking for a second 4-5/8" SS .357 to go with the one I have. I might look into trading one of my 50th .357's for one.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Snuffy, I agree wholeheartedly, been that way for MANY years too... cheaper, get MORE practice in, same goes for the .22's also.;)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes they are and I use them to practise more than I do center fire helps get your timing down and form as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts