Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im going to do it, been look for a .44 mag last weekend i went to cabela's
looked at the s&w 629 and the super redhawk the redhawk is 100.00 less then the s&w and looks like it's better made, i have 3 s&w hand guns this will be my frist none s&w.:D

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Bought my SRH in 1989. Bill Ruger wanted the absolute strongest 44 Magnum ever made. He did it, and 25 years later, it still is. Excellent gun, very accurate. It will be the one I never sell. Its also the one that makes everyone take notice. It used to be one of the biggest, meanest gun available. Now the S&W 500s have taken that title.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
SRH is one tough brute. A blast to shoot & very accurate.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
I'm looking for one too (at a reasonable price).
I bought the SRH above off of Gun Broker about a year ago (11/3/11) for $449.95 plus $20 shipping. My LGS doesn't charge any transfer fee due to the amount of business I do with them so the total cost for this gun including shipping was $469.95. I don't think you will find too many deals like that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
In the last two photos above, I noticed that the angle of the grips is different for each. Did Ruger make two different guns?

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
In the last two photos above, I noticed that the angle of the grips is different for each. Did Ruger make two different guns?
Top photo is with Hogue grip.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,463 Posts
If you are only going to have one .44 magnum, it should be a Redhawk or Super Redhawk. If I carry one hunting or for wilderness trips, it is my Redhawk 7 1/2 inch. I also have two Super Blackhawks, a Colt Anaconda 8 inch, and an S&W 29 8 inch. They only go to the range with me.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
If you are only going to have one .44 magnum, it should be a Redhawk or Super Redhawk. If I carry one hunting or for wilderness trips, it is my Redhawk 7 1/2 inch. I also have two Super Blackhawks, a Colt Anaconda 8 inch, and an S&W 29 8 inch. They only go to the range with me.
+1 I also have a Redhawk in .41 mag.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Super Red hawk

:)
Bought my SRH in 1989. Bill Ruger wanted the absolute strongest 44 Magnum ever made. He did it, and 25 years later, it still is. Excellent gun, very accurate. It will be the one I never sell. Its also the one that makes everyone take notice. It used to be one of the biggest, meanest gun available. Now the S&W 500s have taken that title.
I've been looking at the SRH also. How would you classify the frame size as compared to an SP101 or GP100 ( as in S&W parlance--J, K, L, N, X).

·
Registered
44 Posts
:)

I've been looking at the SRH also. How would you classify the frame size as compared to an SP101 or GP100 ( as in S&W parlance--J, K, L, N, X).
The GP-100 is a medium frame,the SRH is a large frame. I've had my Gp-100 and SRH since the late 90's. Both are outstanding! With the option to use a scope, on the SRH.I have a Ultra Dot,and be able to attach/remove at will with out losing zero's nice. When I first started reloading,I was checking on hot loads for the .44.People would ask "what are you shooting?".....Super Redhawk........" You have the best/strongest gun for HOT loads"

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I did it got the SRH today in .44mag. can't pick it up for 72hrs. state law.
Paid 850.00 out the door new in box. cant wate to get to the rang next weekend.:D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
If you're going Ruger, you're going the right way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on your latest purchase,
The SRH will be my next purchase.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts