Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do it, but my favorite gun goes back to ruger. New model SBH bisley 44. Great shooter! I found the front frame screw stripped and the others loose after my last range session. The 2 on the rear tightened up great, but the front was a lost cause. I'd say it got loose and I didn't know it and kept shooting.

I don't know if it was the screw and or the frame that stripped. Also the cylinder had more play than I would like, so they will check that out as well.

On the phone, customer service was GREAT! super helpful and kind. Emailed me a FEDEX label and sad they would get it back asap.it went out yesterday, and they will have it Monday.

Hope for the best.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had a new Birdshead 45 ACP that had the front grip frame screw stripped.

I saw daylight between frame and grip frame, attempted to tighten screw....and it just spun with no resistance.

Shipped it off, returned good as new......

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I hate to do it, but my favorite gun goes back to ruger. New model SBH bisley 44. Great shooter! I found the front frame screw stripped and the others loose after my last range session. The 2 on the rear tightened up great, but the front was a lost cause. I'd say it got loose and I didn't know it and kept shooting.

I don't know if it was the screw and or the frame that stripped. Also the cylinder had more play than I would like, so they will check that out as well.

On the phone, customer service was GREAT! super helpful and kind. Emailed me a FEDEX label and sad they would get it back asap.it went out yesterday, and they will have it Monday.

Hope for the best.
My one experience with them was A++++++++++++++

·
Registered
40 Posts
My sole experience with them, less than one week ago, was OUTSTANDING.

I had just purchased a New Model Blachawk in .41 Magnum that had no ejector rod, so I called Ruger to get some info on ordering one from them.

Not only did they provide me with a new rod, they included a blued steel housing, the spring & two screws --- all free of charge!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ruger came through with flying colors. Got my pistol back 2 days ago, and shot it the same day. They replaced the stripped screw and cylinder latch. Gun feels tight and is back to shooting 2" groups at 100yards as of Friday afternoon!

Exactly 14 day turn around including shipping both ways, one weekend and 3 days off for thanks giving.

I really like the report they send with the gun. It details my concerns their repairs and exactly what was in the box. Also shows that they test fired it and checked it over.

Very pleased, thank you Ruger customer support!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts