Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy called me about a Gold Cup in the local pawn shop. Weapon has a deep blue finish and a Bomar rib that is the length of the slide. Said it is in pretty good shape. They are asking 525.00 for it

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
If it's as good as he says, I'd definitely pursue the purchase. But first, of course, is a hands on careful inspection. The Bomar rib could indicate a bullseye set up. Might have a trigger job as well. Good luck. Post some photos if you buy it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
A lot of price difference/value between an original "National Match" vs the much later 70 series labeled "Gold Cup"
Also from my experience an all original will better appreciate than a modified one ..seldom does customization ..unless done by VERY noted shop/individual make most mods or add ons a deduct from value

Bear

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Already have a Colt series 70. Unlike a lot of folks.I don't need or want more than one of them. I am not big on the cosmetic things like ball cuts, etc. Just not my taste, to me it's just a tool.
And it is a .45

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd say it's worth taking a look at. That being said, in my hobby of collecting old cars I have had many where the owner stated "have to see it to believe it", and when I actually took the trip to see thing thing, they were right in that I had to see the thing to believe how over priced the thing was for it's condition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts