Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna purchase a Redhawk awhile back but it fell threw! The dealer from the shop I buy from (Not Local) about 300 miles away calls me to tell me he has a 50th Anniversary .44 in stock. I dont own any blued handguns so this would be the first! Dont get me wrong I like them, I just like SS better! But I got to thinking? Its not gonna be made after this, maybe I should buy it? I dont even own a SA yet, but was planning on buying one at sometime. I cant really afford it right now but I kinda can, Im getting my bonus soon, and havent really told the wife its 500 bucks more then last year :D. And they have a lay away plan there! So I guess I just thought I would ask you guys what ya thought of them, or who has one that could shed some light on it? It does attract me, but my buddies are bugging me to buy all sorts of other crazy guns, which are nice but have no point being in my safe unless I was gonna go to war or something lol! I hadnt really even planned on buying a gun but my disease (Rugeritous)is acting up again!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Like we're gonna talk you OUT of it?!!! Go ahead and make an investment in your child's future (happiness) and buy a piece of history-what would it be worth to you to own an 1873 Colt right now? Nobody bought one to hand down to you, did they? See, there's always a way to justify what you want to do;)[}:)][}:)]

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was kinda leaning that way too sheepdog, and I know none of you will try and talk me out of it! My son would love to have this gun when he is older!

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you can almost afford it, buy it. Every Ruger lover should have at least one single action. A lot of you may disagree with me on the argument for blue or stainless. I have mostly blued guns but also a few stainless. Don't get me wrong, while stainless guns are nice looking and I like the ease of cleaning and weather resistance, a blued gun with nice wood grips to me is a thing of beauty. Even after a bit of honest wear and tear and the bluing is worn a bit, a blued gun to me has still has character that a nice shiny stainless gun just can't quite match.
Baker

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Gee Aszor...why would you want to spend good, hard-earned money on a Ruger? Try to follow my example :D and resist...resist.....resist.................resist Forget it. Can't be done. Just buy it, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Just buy it and hide it then in a few days say, guess I better get my old Ruger out and clean it up, haven't shot it in a coupla years. Works for me. I have to be sneaky around my old gun hater.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by white dog

Just buy it and hide it then in a few days say, guess I better get my old Ruger out and clean it up, haven't shot it in a coupla years. Works for me. I have to be sneaky around my old gun hater.
Its amazing how well that does work! I do that already :D Problem #2 is that I dont have a very big safe and Im almost out of room, so now I kinda gotta start looking at a bigger safe too! That might be tougher to hide :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Or you could leave a few of them out to air for awhile-and just mention what days that will be......

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Or you could leave a few of them out to air for awhile-and just mention what days that will be......
lol.... I already have rman snooping around waiting to grab my KP89, just what I need more Ruger hounds hangin round the house lol!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Aszor

quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

lol.... I already have rman snooping around waiting to grab my KP89, just what I need more Ruger hounds hangin round the house lol!
Woof! Woof!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Guys, Heres the update. I put it on layaway today! I will wait till Christmas is over then pick it up, Cant wait till its home!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I am proud of you Aszor and someday when your little boy says thanks for buying that gun you will know what I mean.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Amen-they're still playing cowboy movies from the 50's -he'll get the bug, too....see to it!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I havent read alot about these guns, but do you guys think they are gonna have some collectors value? I plan on shooting it, its not gonna be an everyday shooter cause of cost, but it will get shot!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It may pick up some value about 30yrs down the road but I don't think it will reach the stauts of say a Colt or even some Rugers. Guns like this should be bought to shoot and pass on to the next generation to shoot. They are made to enjoy. Get yourself a cowboy holster and a ten gallon. Put that rig on and walk back in the woods and see if you don't start thinking of John Wayne and some of the big time cowboys. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I got one of those cowboy rigs for my blackhawk about thirty years ago. Last time I tried to try it on it was about six inches too short. Gave it to my neighbor to take to his cowboy club.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts