Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recommendations to be able to take my LVT 1234 back-and-forth from the range and in the car to travel to different places. Don't want to spend a lot of money but also understand that certain Plano and other sub $20 on Amazon and eBay really don't cut the cake. Looking for all suggestions. Thank you

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I like my cheap Plano cases. I mainly use a soft case for range trips though.
If I'm taking a long trip and packing the truck full, I use the cheap hard case. Is has help up well and my guns have never been damaged.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Try your local Sporting good store like Dicks, Cabelas. I have a 25 $ case from Dicks (online) and a 20$ case off E Bay so far I am happy :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What models Planos are they? Which one of them do you like best? Thanks True Grit.

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
have you checked the local BACKPAGE listing for sports equipment? You can find lots of good deals there

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What models Planos are they? Which one of them do you like best? Thanks True Grit.
I think this is the Flambeau case I have - $16.99. Looks close anyway. That's about what I paid a couple of years ago.
Flambeau SafeShot Single Gun Hard Case - Joe's Sporting Goods - Ski Shop | St. Paul, MN | Skiing, Fishing, Hunting, Camping

I have a Plano that looks just like it. Don't know the model. Had it for about 10-years. Replaced the foam with some stuff I scrounged.

I probably wouldn't use them on an airline, but they work well for my needs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks True Grit. Targetshooter77 is BACKPAGE a website a website or some store/chain? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I also use a soft case to and from the range in my truck (the range is less than 10 minutes from my front door), however, if I plan on a long trip, in my travel trailer, I generally use a inexpensive hard plastic case I got at WalMart, think I paid $19.95 or less. So far, well over 30+ years none of my rifles have lost their zero, and none of my shotguns have been damaged in cross county hunting and shooting expeditions.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts