Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A friend of mine is going to the US for Xmas hollydays.

As he's a shooter too, I advise him to look for accessories for his gun, it'll be cheaper and he may find some things he won't find over here (like tritium sights). He's a Glock guy and looking for some parts to improve the trigger.
And why not bring me back some fiber optics for my SR22, my GP100 and if I get it my future MkIII (plus a Volquarsten kit and this tool to disassemble it I saw over here a few days ago :D)

Even if the dollard is stronger than the euro it'll be more interesting for us (we win shipping and VAT)

So, do you have good adresses in NYC, and mainly in Miami? (he'll be a short part of time in NYC and he'll spend most of in Miami)

Thx
Ludo

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By good adresses I mean places - related to guns - that he should visit.
A LGS or something like this

I don't understand what a cabelas is ôÔ (found no translation to French)

·
Registered
902 Posts
This is Cabela's

Cabela's Official Website - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear at competitive prices. : Cabela's

I have a couple of friends in Canada that have the same problem with shipping motorcycle parts. So they order them and have them shipped to an address here in the States and make a trip to pick them up. Shipping anything to Canada is horribly expensive. Got a buddy in Thailand that does the same thing.

That might be something to look into. Order everything you want or need and have it shipped to a friend here. Then when you come over for vacation just pick it up and take it home

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Shoot Straight has a store here in my area. They have several across Florida. (I'm on the west coast.) It's my go-to LGS. Good selection, new and used. Prices are... fair. They're consistently the largest exhibitor at the local shows. I guess they do enough volume to allow them to carry a large inventory.
I've never been to their Fort Lauderdale store, (Just north of Miami) but here's a link...

https://shoot-straight.com/locations-and-ranges/fort-lauderdale/

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx for him (and probably for me too ^^)

I'll give him thoses adress.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
NYC is NOT a gun friendly area at all so that's kinda out as far as buying accessories. However, if there's time not use for seeing the thousands of other sites in the city, the Beretta gallery is amazing. The Holland & Holland store is even more so but takes a bit to get into the gun library there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts