Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I've never owned a gun before, I'll be asking quite a few questions. Bear with me.

One thing I wanted to know is did I get a good deal on the 10/22 I purchased. I feel like I did, but I have little to compare it to.

Central Texas Gun Works | Ruger 10/22 Collector's Series Package 22LR 18.5" 25 Round Mag

I liked this one because it came with the extended magazine, which retails for $35 on Amazon. And, I thought the "Collector's Series Package" was kind of cool.

Anyways, give me your thoughts.

Jumpy

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice rifle! Welcome shooting is awesome. What a fun journey learn to be safe.

Rule #1 – All guns are always loaded.
Rule #2 – Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
Rule #3 – Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
Rule #4 – Identify your target, and what is behind it.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
It's a good deal and the 10/22 is a great gun.
But you may want to pick up some ten round Ruger rotary mags. The BX-25 works fairly well but not as reliable as the ten rounders. Iowegan posted a great tutorial on cleaning and maintaining the BX-25. If you do a search on it here you should run a cross several threads describing the issues people have with them.

Here I found the thread and Iowegan's post. http://rugerforum.net/ruger-10-22-rimfire/45881-new-10-22-bx-25-ammo-issue-solved-2.html#post806479

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's an excellent price. To really enjoy your new rifle, you need to learn the skills to shoot it safely and accurately. I highly recommend that you take an Appleseed weekend: Project Appleseed Home

You also need to learn how to maintain it properly to keep it reliable and preserve it from the elements. More rifle damage occurs during improper cleaning than from all other causes combined.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts