Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Deer season means I get out into the wet and woolly weather, how was that for alliteration?, With my old shotgun.

It acquired a few scratches over my 34 years of ownership, and this year I decided to touch it up a bit.

Vans looked promising, though others have reported mixed results here with it and other similar products. Since the finish on my gun is a little old, anyway, And I did not desire a high polished finish, I kept the steel cool at about 40°F. I followed the directions to the letter, and my scratches have vanished and a few deeper nicks are well blended in with the existing bluing.

https://vansgunblue.com/

I will post some pictures to this thread later so you get an idea of the finished result. Already put the gun up for the day. It is not perfect but for my purposes and working gun I am really pleased and it proved to be a very good investment of money and time.

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
Birchwood Casey touch up works real well too. After using a slide pusher on a Kimber Micro 9 and leaving a couple marks........it covered it up pretty well.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Has anybody used Nu-Blu by stockdocusa.com ?

It got a top review compared to the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts