Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered new altamont checked rubber grips but not liking they panels went to chigs grips and found a nice fiddleback maple with ruger emblem on top. Then order a similar grip for my wife'said sp101. Pictures will follow when the grips come.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Altamont grips are on my new Redhawk from the factory. They are a beautiful grip and all there grips are top notch. I have purchased three from them over the years. can't wait to see what they look like.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree love the old two piece grip over hogue grips. Adds a little class to a great revolver.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
You will like them a lot. Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I only use Hogues and Pachmayrs on guns where absolute utility is a must, like carry guns.

My "range queen" GP100's all have the wood insert grips, or Hogue woods.

Don't get me started on my Ruger Single Actions, I've recently discovered Kirinite......lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the tracking tomorrow Chigs grips and altamont grips will be delivered. Hopefully I will have time to post pictures of the two with matching grips.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
+1 for chigs grips. He's always my first stop when I get the itch for a new set of panels.

·
Registered
420 Posts
On my new MC, the wood grips that come with it work great for me. These are the first non rubber grip I have used. I would recommend them.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Well Altamonte grip arrived. I am excited feels good in the hand can not wait until it is installed.
I have the same panel on my Super Redhawk. It looks great but the checkering starts to blister my bare hand after about 30 rounds of .44mag. I don't think you will have that problem with a .357 GP but just thought I'd mention it just in case. I'm looking to change out the panel on the SRH to something equally attractive but smooth. I'm going to try the checkered panel on my GP to see how it feels eventually. If you don't mind, let me know how the checkered panel feels on your GP once you get it to the range. I'm curious.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
MassholeLovingaz:
I have been looking into these as well. Are these larger than the grips that came with your GP?

EXArmy11b:
Are the rubber with wood inserts the same size as the Hogue wooden?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Horseman going to the range this morning I will let you know after hopefully 90 rounds of 357 I plan on releasing down range.

FiremanJones it slightly small in height and width than Hogue grips that are OEM. When gripping the Altamont grip my pinky hang off slighty, but it doesn't bother me. Plus on withdraw from holster it points better on the Hogue grips I have to adjust most of the time to find a comfortable grip. It fills the hand with out feeling bulky.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts