Ruger Forum banner

Got a great Dressing/Stuffing Recipe?

129 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ditto1958 
#1 ·
Thanksgiving is coming up, and this is the 3rd year me and my wife have tried stuffing and failed! we've got recipes online and it never turns out how the pictures look. My grandma use to make awesome stuffing but i never got it from her before she passed away. she had it all in her head.

We also tried that breadcrumb stuff you buy in the store with the recipe on the back, but it came out pathetic. Does anyone remember the kind of dressing/stuffing you would get in school near thanksgiving? I remember it being really good back in the day. is there any place to get that recipe? or do any of you have a good one you could share? thanks.

#4 ·
Cornbread dressing is the best, with a little sage.

#5 ·
Here's my secret recipe. Don't go givin' it out all over creation.

Step One: Go to Grandma's.
Step Two: Eat stuffing until you're... Stuffed.
Step Three: Nap at Grandma's.
Step Four: Eat more stuffing.
Step Five: Go home and hibernate for 12-14 hours.
Step Six: Eat leftovers.

Best stuffing recipe you've ever had in your life.

#7 ·
Okay, here's a Mississippi family recipe that's been passed down for generations. You need:

One pan of cornbread
1 cup trinity (chopped up onions, celery, bell pepper)
Couple of hardboiled eggs, finely chopped
1 pack turkey wings
Seasoning salt
Sage
Black pepper

Season the turkey wings and bake them in a foil-covered pan with some water in it until they are fall off the bones done. Save the broth! If you don't think you have enough broth, add a little water to the pan while it is still hot.

Take your pan of cornbread (this works best if it's still pretty warm from the oven)and scrape out all the soft stuff, leaving just the hard crust in the pan. Crumble up the the bread in a large bowl. Add the trinity and eggs and season with lots of sage, some seasoning salt and pepper. Start adding some of the broth and gently stir the stuffing until you get it to the moistness you want.

Either bake it in a greased Pyrex pan with the cooked wings on top, or put it around the outside of your turkey while it roasts. If you do it in a pan, add more broth if it gets dry. It will stay plenty moist in the turkey roaster if you do it that way.

#8 ·
Coupla variations: add scallions to your trinity.

You can also season with Tony's if you like Louisiana food.

Also, some folks actually add hot sauce (Franks Red Hot, or Louisiana Sauce) and ketchup to this recipe for a bit of a twist. Sounds weird, but it's good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.