Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a little bored today , so while I was cleaning my Sr40c I decided to polish the barrel, and the ramp. I've seen a few of them on here and I liked the positive results. Then I got to thinking well the slide is stainless like the trim on many of the old cars I've restored...... I wonder if I polished the rest of the slide like I do stainless trim. :eek: Well it turned out pretty well for a quick job I think.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Clean! Nice!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the same process I do when I do trim witch is....
If there is scratches you can catch with a fingernail start with 600 grit wet or dry paper.
I then go to 800 if the scratches are coming out nice, then move to 1000 then 1500 then 2000.
Since this was my first gun project I did it all dry, thinking it would be easier
to clean later.
I use Wizzards metal renew . Its a great all metals polish and doesn't leave you hands smelling like Kerosene.
I didn't have a ton of time and will most likely go through the grits again. I was also a wee bit nervous about messing something up.lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
I used the same process I do when I do trim witch is....
If there is scratches you can catch with a fingernail start with 600 grit wet or dry paper.
I then go to 800 if the scratches are coming out nice, then move to 1000 then 1500 then 2000.
Since this was my first gun project I did it all dry, thinking it would be easier
to clean later.
I use Wizzards metal renew . Its a great all metals polish and doesn't leave you hands smelling like Kerosene.
I didn't have a ton of time and will most likely go through the grits again. I was also a wee bit nervous about messing something up.lol
That would be me as well! Process sounds simple enough, so I may just give it a shot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I did mine I just used 1000 grit and mothers and it shines like a mirror do not use 600 or 800 you will have bigger marks to remove just use the 1000 then polish with a dremel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts