Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mechanic friend here in town. He's never made it a secret that he only votes Democrat. I told him that I attended a PTC class on Saturday and that I turned in my application yesterday at the Sheriff's office. He responded by telling me that "No one needs to carry a gun." I reminded him that each night I pick up my wife from work and that she's taking sometimes over $600 to the bank (she's the store manager). He responded with "Let them have the money." He then told me "I think if everyone is out there carrying a gun, we're going to see a high rise in gun incidents. Just you wait."

Okay, but here's where I get frustrated with him. He drives out in the country most every evening on his way home from work, looking for coyote and fox. He lives about 25 miles from here in another town. If he sees a coyote or fox, he checks for traffic, and if the coast is clear, he plugs them with his hi-pow from the road, often just by leaning out the window. This is wrong! He's good, often making hits over 150 - 200 yards.

You just can't argue with someone like this, and if you want to stay friends, you have to let it go. What a bunch of bologna. I can't carry for a real concern over thievery and safety, but he can shoot a hi-pow from his car or truck on the roadway.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Hypocrites all. You can't do what they don't want you to, but they can do what they want to.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That kinda reminds me of my friend, who was not a liberal when he was here at Texas A&M. However, as soon as he went to University of Texas Law School, he became a die hard liberal, and actually told me that I was morally wrong for not voting for Obama. I kindly reminded him that he is an idiot, and let it go.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I have a mechanic friend here in town. He's never made it a secret that he only votes Democrat. I told him that I attended a PTC class on Saturday and that I turned in my application yesterday at the Sheriff's office. He responded by telling me that "No one needs to carry a gun." I reminded him that each night I pick up my wife from work and that she's taking sometimes over $600 to the bank (she's the store manager). He responded with "Let them have the money." He then told me "I think if everyone is out there carrying a gun, we're going to see a high rise in gun incidents. Just you wait."

Okay, but here's where I get frustrated with him. He drives out in the country most every evening on his way home from work, looking for coyote and fox. He lives about 25 miles from here in another town. If he sees a coyote or fox, he checks for traffic, and if the coast is clear, he plugs them with his hi-pow from the road, often just by leaning out the window. This is wrong! He's good, often making hits over 150 - 200 yards.

You just can't argue with someone like this, and if you want to stay friends, you have to let it go. What a bunch of bologna. I can't carry for a real concern over thievery and safety, but he can shoot a hi-pow from his car or truck on the roadway.
And you call him a friend? You need to select your friends more carefully.

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ruger Redhawk,

Today was an eyeopener for me. I never thought my friend was so hypocritical. I never thought he'd be a pot calling the kettle black. I'm learning.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Ruger Redhawk,

Today was an eyeopener for me. I never thought my friend was so hypocritical. I never thought he'd be a pot calling the kettle black. I'm learning.
Old Printer,
The sad part we are seeing more and more of his type. I'm very selective who I call my friend or who I will even associate with. I bet I can count what I considered good friends over the years on one hand. It sounds to me like this Mechanic may have had a few to many wrenches bounce off his head. I’d be looking for a new friend and a new mechanic if I were you.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Old Printer,

Your "friend" is truly a hypocrite of the highest level. Secondly, I wouldn't trust him with my back...ever! The problem we have now is that our kids are being indoctrinated to think the same by our very own school systems. It starts in public school with left leaning teachers and grows from there. The college and university systems nationwide are filled with liberal professors who do not entertain any other line of thought other than liberal. Those of us who are conservative in beliefs and values have become a minority and when we stand up for what we belive in we are labeled as racists, rednecks, stupid, etc. So...where does it go from here? I think the whole "gun control" issue may the one thing that finally galvanizes conservatives and moderates and even some liberals to become a singular force that is willing to finally say enough is enough. I sure hope so! And by the way, because of mine and my wife's conservative thinking, two of her sisters(and their husbands) have quite speaking to us. (Broke my heart and I lay awake crying about it each night. NOT!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I would find a new mechanic. I will not open my wallet for those I fundamentally disagree with. Everyone has the right to choose who they support and I have the right to choose where I spend my money.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Some Friend You Have!!!!

Old Printer your "Liberial Democrap" Mechanic Friend I don't see how he can be that good of a friend! Like others have posted here that he does what he darn well please's but then he speaks out putting you down! Then goes and suposidly goes out and if I understand you clearly shoots a coyote or fox from the window of his truck! Turn this low life creep into the state fish & game authorities! Or take a picture of this total A Hole in the act! Man if what you are saying is true he puts you down for your actions & the risk your wife goes thru on her way home! I hope either you or someone else in your area turns this liberal Democrap creep in!!! I have a CCW I did not vote for Osama Obummer Obama! & I am going to have my wife now get her CCW because she works in a school! You ought to tell your "Liberial Democrap Mechanic Friend" (some friend) to basically " Shut the Hell Up" !!!!!!':mad:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Old Printer,

Your "friend" is truly a hypocrite of the highest level. Secondly, I wouldn't trust him with my back...ever! The problem we have now is that our kids are being indoctrinated to think the same by our very own school systems. It starts in public school with left leaning teachers and grows from there. The college and university systems nationwide are filled with liberal professors who do not entertain any other line of thought other than liberal. Those of us who are conservative in beliefs and values have become a minority and when we stand up for what we belive in we are labeled as racists, rednecks, stupid, etc. So...where does it go from here? I think the whole "gun control" issue may the one thing that finally galvanizes conservatives and moderates and even some liberals to become a singular force that is willing to finally say enough is enough. I sure hope so! And by the way, because of mine and my wife's conservative thinking, two of her sisters(and their husbands) have quite speaking to us. (Broke my heart and I lay awake crying about it each night. NOT!
well put can I copy this and use it ?

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay with me, Randy Mc. I read about people in this thread who are upset -- including me.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Of course he doesn't trust others with guns, he doesn't want anyone to be able to defend themselves against his criminal arse. Either that or he expects everyone to abuse guns like he does.

·
Registered
896 Posts
That kinda reminds me of my friend, who was not a liberal when he was here at Texas A&M. However, as soon as he went to University of Texas Law School, he became a die hard liberal, and actually told me that I was morally wrong for not voting for Obama. I kindly reminded him that he is an idiot, and let it go.
I went to UT (even watched firsthand Charles Whitman do his evil work in '66), own a couple of safes full of guns, and never voted for BHO - and think he should be impeached. :)

I have liberal friends but don't talk politics with them, nor do I tell them about my CHL or the LCP in my pocket.

PS - Thanks for pounding on OU in ther Cotton Bowl.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
They are hopeless. I gave up on them long ago.

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
This fits:

The most melancholy thing about human nature, is, that a man may guide others into the path of salvation, without walking in it himself; that he may be a pilot, and yet a castaway. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827

·
Registered
674 Posts
This old hippy carries more often than not, thank you Ruger for the LCP. Have to fight off the bears when I am out hugging trees,too, with my GP100. Don't tell my liberal friends, but I have been known to vote republican at times (not Tea Party, I have not sunk that low.) I enjoy my conservative friends and family, sometimes we even agree, especially on the 2nd Amendment.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Old Printer,
The sad part we are seeing more and more of his type. I'm very selective who I call my friend or who I will even associate with. I bet I can count what I considered good friends over the years on one hand. It sounds to me like this Mechanic may have had a few to many wrenches bounce off his head. I’d be looking for a new friend and a new mechanic if I were you.
Very true. When it comes to times like these, you find out who your true friends really are. Like Redhawk said, I've had a lot of friends over the years, but when it comes crunch time I can count the REAL ones on 1 hand.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts