Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Arkansas our squirrels are kinda meaner than y'alls; So this followed me home today. Wife said, "Don't be callin fer bail yer damn fool !" she's so funny.

first pic is a fine specimen of our squizzers ! (Arkansas fer squirrel). Following pic well you all know these.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
That should even handle the Sabre Toothed versions too. Great looking gun. And an excellent addition to a nice family.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,670 Posts
Glad you got some protection against those vicious saber toothed squirrels! A 400gr Soft Point should do the job. At $7.00/rd try to anchor them with your first shot for economy.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Awesome rifle! There might be a little more bloodshot meat than you’d like on a squirrel though.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I needed a good laugh. Please keep those Arkansas squirrels numbers down to keep them from migrating to Texas. We are not use to dangerous hunts around here. And Beautiful Ruger by the way, Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
No one can accuse you of not using enough gun !

SWEET !!!

Gary

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
Hope you don't run into a wild herd of the Arkansas strain of those critters!

Nice rifle!

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Nice rifles. Interesting scope mounting location. That mounting position would give me a terrible cut above my eye.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Very nice.......congrats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NASH......

Nice rifles. Interesting scope mounting location. That mounting position would give me a terrible cut above my eye.
I agree, but since the scope and mounts came with the rifle, it's all resale freebie ! lol. Plan is to ghost ring sight or NECG peep sight. Wanna buy a slightly used scope and mounts....LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
SO ! who's first to sight it in from the bench,... LOL

Thanks guys for your fun comments. In truth she's probably only going to get a few FULL power loads then set in for a long life shooting a case full of trailboss and my cast 356gr / 410gr boolits. Might even try a paper patch and a case of 2f properly loaded that is. (Though PP will entail having a new designed mold made up) Who know that's why reloading is soo fricken fun and exciting. The world is the limit. Just don't be one of those reloading brothers that sent themselves to the great reloading bench in the sky too early. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Shoot the tree and pick up all the squirrels that fall out?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
One good thing about Shooting the Tree,
Me thinks that the Wood will be already Split for You.
Sure do hope that them there Critters don't get the Hankering to move North I don't have a Rifle as big as Yours.
Congratulations on your New Acquisition and Enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts