Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some horse trading today. My lgs owner is, lucky me, into guitars as well as guns like me. So I did some trading, since my wife watches what I spend my money on. No cash out!:D I got the duo tone Model XDs after reading some magazines and reviews on this site and others. All I can say is...its not that bad of a kick. :) It seems louder than my commander 1911, but I would say the recoil is no worse than my LC9. If your considering getting one,I say go for it!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ah, a fellow gun & guitar fan. Glad to see I'm not alone. LOL. Congrats on the XDs! I google imaged it. Nice looking piece!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I could remember how to post pictures ,I would post them. Guns and guitars and hot rods...... I HAVE to find cheaper hobbies!

·
Registered
228 Posts
If I could remember how to post pictures ,I would post them. Guns and guitars and hot rods...... I HAVE to find cheaper hobbies!
LOL. I feel your pain!! There's no telling how much I've spent on all those combined. I'd be scared to know the figure. LOL

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Yep, guns, guitars, and... Harleys have drained my pocketbook.
I have a Springfield XD40 that has been dependable and fits my hand well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did some horse trading today. My lgs owner is, lucky me, into guitars as well as guns like me. So I did some trading, since my wife watches what I spend my money on. No cash out!:D I got the duo tone Model XDs after reading some magazines and reviews on this site and others. All I can say is...its not that bad of a kick. :) It seems louder than my commander 1911, but I would say the recoil is no worse than my LC9. If your considering getting one,I say go for it!
Would you mind comparing and contrasting the XDs vs the commander? I currently carry a Colt Combat Commander but am thinking of sending it off for some custom work, but was considering getting an XDs to carry while its gone and to have a smaller carry option in 45.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would you mind comparing and contrasting the XDs vs the commander? I currently carry a Colt Combat Commander but am thinking of sending it off for some custom work, but was considering getting an XDs to carry while its gone and to have a smaller carry option in 45.

Thanks

Sure, I can do that. But I've got to go to my "Real" job first. I will get together in my head what I would want to know during the day. Is there any comparison that you for sure want addressed?:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sure, I can do that. But I've got to go to my "Real" job first. I will get together in my head what I would want to know during the day. Is there any comparison that you for sure want addressed?:)
Really I am interested in any and all aspects in which they are similar and different.

I know the XDs is smaller and ligher and the Commander should be easier to shoot and have a better trigger but. However, in the real world is the XDS really easier to carry/conceal? Doe it shoot as well as the 1911? Etc etc. How is the XDS better than the 1911? How is it not as good? And vice versa. I am glad to hear or read any input you have either way being that you own both.

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
Congratulations on getting a XDs. I just love mine. It's more accurate than I thought it would be, even out to 30+ yards. Fairly light kick and has eaten everything I've fed it without a hiccup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts