Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't resist any longer. Dealer had one in stock so I grabbed it. That makes three 10/22s in the stable now. A bit disappointed though. I put a Nikon 4X scope on but it won't fit in the case with it on.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
That's a nice looking setup! I have about 1000 rounds through my TD now. Flawless functioning, and very accurate. That makes 2 10/22s in MY stable!

Enjoy!

D.

·
Registered
94 Posts
you will Love your new Take Down.

I installed a Nikon .22 cal Rim Fire scope on mine & it does stick out of the case, but not that much.
but,
On mine the large flap will still cover up the butt of the rifle when you zip it up.
It's one of my favorite three 10/22.

I purchased a PINK Laminated for my wife with a 4x scope. Went shooting yesterday, she loves it & her girl friend is thinking about getting one.
Nice to have my bride of 41+ years shooting with me.
Please let us know if the flap will cover the Butt of the rifle?
thanks,
IFFV

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rings

I picked up a set of Warne quick release rings for the scope on my TD. It stows alongside the barrel with no problem. Accuracy does not seem to suffer when taking the scope off and on. Still experimenting though. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same 10/22 takedown with the same scope, Nikon Prostaff 4x32. I went and purchased a DNZ Game Reaper One Piece scope mount at Bass Pro Shop (38-890-240-00)for $52.99 based on the pics I seen on this forum. Wow are they nice.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Love it...my gun store had the Olympic take down the other day number 46#...couldn't pass it by and jumped on it. I think I'm going to give it to my daughter for Christmas. Father / daughter shooting time...oh yeah!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just discovered that the rear sight can be folded down on the takedown to prevent the scope from hitting the sight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two Takedowns fitted with Sweet 22 scopes. Every time I take the rifle down and reassemble, I have to go through zeroing the rifle. I'm fed up with this extra effort and the extra cost of ammunition every time I go to the shooting range with the Takedown.

I fitted a Laser Sight to the bore of the barrel and, regardless of the tightness of the lock ring, I could apply slight pressure on the barrel (left or right) and found that it would alter the barrel's point of aim.

I'm sorry to say that this worked out in Ruger's favor, I permanently removed the scopes from the Takedowns and purchased a one Carbine Synthetic for my wife, just to stop her from complaining. Now, the only way I'll shoot the Takedown is with its iron sights (which are attached to the barrel). With my old eyes, this limits me to about 35 yard shots.

Boo Hiss - Ruger! Will it was a great idea but, No Thanks.

Ruger needs to devise a way to attach Scopes to the Barrel of the Takedown, not the receiver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts