Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like everyone else, I'd been really curious about the prospect of a sub-$200 revolver from a major brand. I was out mowing today and when the 95 degree heat/95% humidity got to me I came inside and sat down with a bottle of water to look at the local gun classifieds website.

There was a gentleman not too far from me had an unfired, NIB black Wrangler with all the manuals and accoutrements and 4 boxes of ammo for a very fair price. I emailed him and got a response in minutes, and less than an hour later we'd done the deal. It's toio dang hot to go to the range right now but I think I'll hit it first thing in the morning!

·
Cat Herder
1,629 Posts
Sweet. My neighbor just bought one for his son. They are hard to beat for the price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. My neighbor just bought one for his son.
I figure I'll play with it for awhile and eventually give it to one of my Grandsons when they get old enough. The oldest one is only 3 now though, so I have a lot of time before then ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I made it a rimfire morning, and took the Wrangler and a 1962 Ruger Standard to the range. The Wrangler operated as expected - flawlessly. The trigger is not quite as good as the one on my 1982 Super Single Six, but it's pretty darn good, especially for a gun in this price range.

I can't speak to accuracy since my eyes are old and my hands are kinda shaky, but I got most of the shots on an 8 inch target at 10 yds, lol. I'm going to have to get me some shooting glasses made since I can't seem to find a spot in my progressive lenses where I can get the front sight in focus without tipping my head way back.

Anyway, it's no surprise that the Wrangler performed as expected. I'm happy with it. I just finished cleaning them both and I'm procrastinating washing my hands, because I've got gun oil and Hoppe's No. 9 all on my skin and it smells so GOOD.:giggle: If there's aromatherapy for guys, this is IT.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My Wrangler shoots nearly as well off a sandbag as my Single Six. Triggers feel different, but the Six has a couple of thousand through it, the Wrangler just a couple of hundred. Wranglers are very nice shooters. I really like the free-spin cylinder. Wish all my Ruger SA's had that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My Wrangler has a set of Wolff springs and some work to the sear surfaces, which I would not recommend btw, and the trigger pull is just under 2 lbs and no creep at all. From what I have been told about stainless MIM parts, wear through use will be all the sear surfaces need.
Inkedreallyfinal_LI.jpg

Reactions: FastEddie

·
Registered
125 Posts
Took my Wrangler out to the range Wed. Never fails to give me a great feeling using it on range day. I keep telling myself someday will get a Single Six, but shooting my Wrangler and my F/O Heritage I am completely satisfied. Never carry them, just range toys so good enough. Saving my pennies for my CZ Phantom!! Here is last range trip with the Wrangler...

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Took my Wrangler out to the range Wed. Never fails to give me a great feeling using it on range day. I keep telling myself someday will get a Single Six, but shooting my Wrangler and my F/O Heritage I am completely satisfied. Never carry them, just range toys so good enough. Saving my pennies for my CZ Phantom!! Here is last range trip with the Wrangler... View attachment 145573
The Phantom is not cataloged by CZ-USA for 2020, so you might want to jump on one as soon as you can find one. It disappeared from the catalog for a couple of years when they had to fill the contract for the Czech Army. I prefer the Phantom over the similar sized P-09.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts