Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided eating is over rated and picked up a Talo 3 3/4 44 mag super blackhawk(insert picture here). Gave it a good look over,found some tooling marks below the gate and else where squawked about it,got 5% off $599+ and gave my little sp101 a new brother.Head to the range tomorrow for some fun!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Hey Dan, WELCOME to the forum and CONGRATULATIONS on your new Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. Looks like you got a pretty good deal on it. I've discovered that ammo is quite pricy though. (I don't load my own.)

Underwood offers some really nice .44 in both Special and Magnum loads, and their pricing is very competive. Click here for the link to look at it Underwood Ammo - 44 Remington Magnum

Your photo didn't attach to your post but, I'll bet it looks just like this one. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I took my new toy to the range today. Used some Hornaday 225 ftx and 240 xtp's. Got good 2 inch groupings with the 225 and a little worse with the 240's. Recoil was pleasant with both,more so then gold dot 125's out of a sp 101.Scared up my thumb though,gotta learn grip posture. Very fun gun indeed.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Sounds like a great day mate.
In AU, we can't own revolvers with barrells under 4".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts