Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so excited because I now own an SR22. Cannot wait to fire this baby! Love my SR9, so I am sure I'll enjoy this one just as much and save a few bucks on ammo too. I want to thank all of you here on the forum that posted about the SR22, because it made my decision to buy one really easy. Hats off to all of you.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Congrats Davis on your SR22 purchase! You will enjoy it.....tons of fun to shoot. Keep an eye out on your takedown lever, though. ANY sign of wear I would call Ruger to replace it, or replace it on your own with a Twin Tech takedown lever. Relatively easy to install just a little painstaking.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Congrats on your new SR22..I know you are going to luv it, mine shoots great...looking forward to hearing your range report....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Congratulations on the new SR22. I really enjoy shooting mine. There is just something about that little pistol that makes it special. It is not my most accurate .22 pistol, but it's not far from it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got mine today. Was able to pick up a couple of mags at my LGS where I bought it. Hope to shoot it tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I just got mine today. Was able to pick up a couple of mags at my LGS where I bought it. Hope to shoot it tomorrow afternoon.
Congrats to you too Shinytop - enjoy it, it is a fun gun. I only have a total of 3 mags for mine but that has been enough.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Enjoy your SR22. I got mine back in August and just christened it 2 days ago. I love and I didn't want to stop shooting it. I only had about 3 fail to feed but that was no biggie as I shot a few hundred rounds. Plenty accurate at 50 feet and cheap to shoot.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Great little gun... I love mine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats. I am a recent owner as well, and Im new to this forum.
I've had it for about a week now, and so far have fed it 300 CCI minimags, 750 CCI AR Tactical and today I started it on a diet of Federal Bulk value pack.

It eats everything, no issues.

Seems so good so far, I do know there are some issues people have had.
I have kept an eye on its take down lever, it doesnt seem to have any wear on it so far. I may pick up one of those o-rings just to be on the safe side.
Mine has a test fire date of 3/29/12. The slide only says SR22 (not PISTOL) and its serial number 360-443XX. The slide also has the steel pin in the notch for the slide stop, which seems like some of the earlier productions didnt have.

Overall what a fun little gun. :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Congrats. I am a recent owner as well, and Im new to this forum.
I've had it for about a week now, and so far have fed it 300 CCI minimags, 750 CCI AR Tactical and today I started it on a diet of Federal Bulk value pack.

It eats everything, no issues.

Seems so good so far, I do know there are some issues people have had.
I have kept an eye on its take down lever, it doesnt seem to have any wear on it so far. I may pick up one of those o-rings just to be on the safe side.
Mine has a test fire date of 3/29/12. The slide only says SR22 (not PISTOL) and its serial number 360-443XX. The slide also has the steel pin in the notch for the slide stop, which seems like some of the earlier productions didnt have.

Overall what a fun little gun. :)
All models have had the steel pin in the notch. It has been reported that the pin on newer models is bigger.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Range time

OK, took the little sweetie to the range and was somewhat dissapointed because I had way too many FTF's. It didn't hang up halfway ( only twice) but the other times it just didn't load a new round. Put about 200 rounds of Federal bulk HP through it and had about 15 FTF's. Maybe that's normal for this ammo but I have no problem using it in my M&P 15-22. Works great other than that. Great weapon.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, took the little sweetie to the range and was somewhat dissapointed because I had way too many FTF's. It didn't hang up halfway ( only twice) but the other times it just didn't load a new round. Put about 200 rounds of Federal bulk HP through it and had about 15 FTF's. Maybe that's normal for this ammo but I have no problem using it in my M&P 15-22. Works great other than that. Great weapon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All models have had the steel pin in the notch. It has been reported that the pin on newer models is bigger.
Ahh ok, thanks for clearing that up. All I remembered was someone posting a picture of their slide after they got their gun back from Ruger (for slide wear) and pointing out the steel pin. Now that I think about it, the pin in mine does look smaller than the returned one in their picture. Hopefully it wont be an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the advice of the gun store guys I "broke mine in" on some CCI minimags first day out.
I did notice when I got it home and took it apart, that the recoil spring was not seated fully on the end of the guide rod (flush with the tip) from the factory . The spring just came off.

I was told if its not seated the spring will be more compressed, and it may make the slide a bit harder to cycle. It took a while for me to get it on there but I ended up using my fingernails and getting in on.

Just something to check I guess.

Edit: I guess using the proper term, my spring wasnt "captive".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts