My son just sent me this pic of his backyard at this moment. And yeah, he's inside the city limits Florence, OR.
Fact! Used to golf Salt Fork State Park. Every single green, I'd see at least half dozen deer watchin me put in. Go there during deer season, see nothin but turkey. Go there for turkey season, see nothin but deer. I quit goin there all together. I never could golf + the hunter/gatherer in me was obviously failing.They know where they are safe!
Aqua = I agree 100%In my almost 40 years of hunting, I have come to be convinced of the following about deer:
- They can read the local Game Laws to know the seasons
- They can read calendars to know exactly what days the seasons start and end
- They have clocks to tell when shooting time starts and when quitting time is
- They have laser rangefinders to know exactly how far inside safety zones to congregate
- They know the exact procedure in how to load a flintlock rifle, so they know that the exact time to run away after the idiot hunter missed them the first time. (Hint: they watch you until you finish priming the pan for the next shot.)
- They've watched all the Matrix Movies and learned all of Neo's moves.
I live almost downtown in Olympia, WA. I can see the capitol building from my front yard. I have tried to grow an arbor vitae hedge, but the damn deer keep eating it. Yeah, in downtown Olympia.