Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I applied for my CHL on 10/30. Had my fingerprints taken on 11/5 (could have been the 6th. I'd have to check.) And here it is, the 16th and my status changed to manufacturing pending. :)

So after 17 days, I'm OK'd? From what I've read, that's unheard of? :confused: But i guess i still have to wait for that beautiful piece of plastic to show up. lol (Just in time for my wife to buy me a holster for christmas. ;) )

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
That's a heck of a lot better than MA!!!!!!!!!!
Mine took 9 weeks and change from when I applied to when the P.D. called to say it was in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was expecting really. I mean the ony thing I did to speed up the process was send my stuff in electronically instead of through the mail...

·
Administrator
23,022 Posts
NH is 14 days from receipt of application by law, shall issue. I got my first one up here in 1988 and it was $5 all in and good for 2 years. A few years ago they went to 4 years and upped the fee to $10 for residents.

·
Registered
216 Posts
In VA, it was 13 days from application to having the card in my hand. My co-workers permit took almost a month and he's in the same county as me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Texas was supposedly very backed up on applications but i guess not? Idk.

·
Registered
259 Posts
In Oregon they have to issue within 45 days. Mine, and several others I have heard of, took exactly 45 days before it came in the mail.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What would be so terrible with a "Lifetime" license? Damn shame we have to pay the government (state, etc.) anything just to carry a gun. Isn't there a couple of states that don't require a license for open carry?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Try South Carolina. I'm told to expect the full legal limit of 90 days, "because of the huge number of applications now."

·
Registered
259 Posts
What would be so terrible with a "Lifetime" license? Damn shame we have to pay the government (state, etc.) anything just to carry a gun. Isn't there a couple of states that don't require a license for open carry?
In OR, there is no license needed for open carry. However, local cities can limit the loaded open carry of firearms, so there are a few large cities that outlaw loaded open carry. Incidentally, if you have a CHL, you are exempt from those restrictions, so having your CHL allows you to open carry everywhere, as well as CC.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I received mine In Cabarrus County, North Carolina in six weeks from application. The deputy told me to expect 8 weeks which would have been election day. I have known people who said it took 3 or 4 months for them. I have searched to see if there is a limit of how long they have to issue and have found nothing. The only reference to a time frame is if you are denied they have 90 days to notify you by mail.

·
Registered
34 Posts
God bless Texas

So I applied for my CHL on 10/30. Had my fingerprints taken on 11/5 (could have been the 6th. I'd have to check.) And here it is, the 16th and my status changed to manufacturing pending. :)

So after 17 days, I'm OK'd? From what I've read, that's unheard of? :confused: But i guess i still have to wait for that beautiful piece of plastic to show up. lol (Just in time for my wife to buy me a holster for christmas. ;) )
Well, I was on the wait list in N. California for over 4 months...ended up having arm surgery and had to pull myself off the list. So here I am one year later and I'm on another list that I'm told could be 3 months long - just to turn in my application and have prints taken and an interview with a detective. After that I have to take the class and range qualification...THEN I can turn my class completion certificate in and wait - I'm told approx 10-15 days.

Good news? Well, the wait is so long because they are issuing so many permits. Law abiding citizens who only want to protect themselves are being given them. It used to be almost impossible. It's an improvement, but a long wait.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Mine took 45 days from mailbox to mailbox. I'm in texas too. Here's my timeline:
Application submitted: 10/2/12
Received by DPS : 10/4/12
Background under review: 10/23/12
Background complete: 11/08/12
Manufacturing: 11/09/12
Mailed: 11/10/12
Plastic in hand: 11/16/12

Won't be long now. Congrats

·
Registered
26 Posts
In VA, it was 13 days from application to having the card in my hand. My co-workers permit took almost a month and he's in the same county as me.
Took me about two weeks.;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
In Florida: (about 3 yrs ago) took all 90 days to process application / background check.
Moved to Tennessee: even with the out-of-state reciprocity (no fingerprints required) took about 60 days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Start to finish for me what 28days, I was pretty stoked with that since the holster I had ordered showed up the day before the license.

·
Banned
56 Posts
I've seen it take 4-8 weeks here in North Carolina. There are several states where you can get the Conceal Permit in just minutes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.