Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't help but say I truly am amazed with this store. From bullets to gun cleaning/oil stuff to safety glasses, if I need it quick it seems that I can count on them over a couple of other stores in the area to have it and get a better price.

Now, if you are looking for something higher end and a complete wide variety of specific accessories like mags and what not I get it, your not hitting up Wal-Mart but I am just talking the "I need this quick" stuff.

-Lewi

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
I don't know the Wal Mart by me sells some magazines including ones for the Ruger 10/22 and Marlin 60...

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The one near me has rifles and shotguns, no handguns.
Was in there last week and saw Colt AR-15s and several Ruger Mini 14s. They always have lots of Remington and Mossberg shotguns, Remington and Savage rifles and New England single shots
The prices are good but I have been there when the clerk (who was very nice) apparently was filling in from toys or lingerie as they knew little on the sporting goods section.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, I get that they have shotguns and rifles and such, no handguns. I was trying to be specific to the accessories and ammo.

Just nice to be able to pop into your Wal-Mart and get this stuff while you can get so much other stuff! Never thought would buy ammo and some cookies in the same place along with a TV!

-Lewi

·
Registered
538 Posts
The one (couple of years old) that is close to us has a bare minimum of ANYTHING. I asked the manager once why they carry so little of anything.
He said the head shed decided that people in a small town don't need the same stuff that people in larger towns do. So they send us stuff nobody else buys.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Holy smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this actually a positive WalMart thread??
Oh my goodness, I have done gone and went and slid in to an alternate dimension.:confused:

I can see it now...........all the perennial WalMart bashers are sitting at their
computers having a seizure.:D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Holy smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this actually a positive WalMart thread??
Oh my goodness, I have done gone and went and slid in to an alternate dimension.:confused:

I can see it now...........all the perennial WalMart bashers are sitting at their
computers having a seizure.:D
Hahahaha! Good one! I love going to my WalMart. the place helps keep my little town alive!
A salesman told me that our store will be carrying rifles after the first of Jan.. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Walmart has great prices also. I was looking at a mini 14 today that was over 200.00 cheaper than my local gun shop. Ammo is usually plentifull.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Got no complaints about my local Wally World. Do my weekly grub shopping there and always swing by the sporting goods area to see what's new. A lot of what they carry is relevant to what season it is. Fall is hunting so a lot of shotgun stuff, winter is ice fishing and so on!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
FYI=Just bought 2 Mini 14 .223 Ranch Rifles from the Crestview, FL Wal-Mart store ( about 35 miles away), when my local Wal-Mart, the Pace FL, and the other nearby Brewton,AL Wal-Mart(25 miles away), had sold out 4 days after the election being all smaller-midsize town stores... Most all the other nearby BIGGER "city" Wal-Mart stores in the big city of Pensacola,(20 miles away), DO NOT CARRY RIFLES OR GUNS...They told me that it was up to the individual store managers as to whether a particular store carries any firearms or shooting supplies/ammo...

Also all the Wal-Mart's in the immediate area that have ammo seem to be having a problem keeping the cheaper Tulammo and Wolf brand .223 ammo in stock...Stuff is FLYING of the shelves quicker than they can get it in it seems... I can however find all the high dollar Hornaday, Remington,or Winchester ammo I need/want at twice-3 times the price as the Tulammo brand....Tullammo=$4.96 for 20rounds .223

·
Registered
719 Posts
By the way.... Wal Mart price for a Ruger .223 Mini 14 Ranch Rifle at the time I bought it was running $639 at the local WalMarts in my area....

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
My Wal Mart has a crappy gun section. They only carry ammo in some popular shotshells and rifle calibers, no handgun calibers. Very few firearms, a few shotguns and .22 rifles only. The few accessories they have are the cheapest of the cheap. From what some of you are writing, I'm missing out on a decent, well stocked gun department at my Wal Mart.

·
Registered
717 Posts
From what some of you are writing, I'm missing out on a decent, well stocked gun department at my Wal Mart.
If you want a well stocked gun department I would suggest going to a well stocked gun dealer.
As far as ammo goes, the WalMart here almost always have more of it than our local gun shops.
About the only thing they don't have is handguns, which after observing some of the local clientele that frequent WalMart, would be a good thing.:rolleyes:

I use WalMart as a convenience to buy items like ammo, cleaning equipment, targets etc.
Either that or I drive twice as far to a LGS and pay twice as much.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.