Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Mark III cleaning last week resulted in a few scratches. Well today firing the Redhawk knocked the GP100 off onto the concrete. I was upset looking at the marks on it :mad: Worked both with some sandpaper and Scotchbrite and both look excellent again. You have to look extremely hard for imperfections and I haven't hit them with Mother's yet. Glad it's stainless!

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I'm with you 100%. I refuse to buy any gun if it's not stainless. However, I must admit that I actually cringed when I read about your GP hitting the concrete!:eek:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Some folks take pics of their guns sitting on concrete. Makes me cringe every time i see it. Glad you got your baby looking new again.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
This post has brought back the unpleasant memory of the time my wife managed to drop my P-90 in a parking lot. To this day, I can still hear that horrible clattering of metal against asphalt. Still makes me grit my teeth.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I have always bought SS guns...except for the 2 Glocks the wife and I have...and will continue to do so as long as I'm able! I just prefer the SS look!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Almost all mine are SS.
Was able to get an "idiot mark" off one of mine as well..... :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
The only gun that is not stainless is my SR22. I like the stainless look though. It looks clean and easy to get rid of some blemishes. I have yet to drop my firearms. I have lightly scratched my SR9 due to putting together with the mags and polished it out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not pleasent to hear them drop knowing you can't go back in time. I know from now on not to put anything on the bench except what is in my hand. It looks like a Redhawk with 240's going 1500 FPS can do such a thing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts