Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting to get this on here since I saw the post about gout. I had a friend with gout and he tried some of my "Homemade Medicine Man Liniment" which was s'posed to make the gout feel better. He swore by the stuff and said "YOU CURED MY GOUT!". It not only made his gout feel better, it went away and he didn't have gout any more. Years later, still no gout for him.
BACK TO EDEN is a book written by Jethro Kloss where I found the recipe and that book will tell you MANY uses for this liniment.

Liniment
1 tablespoon of Myrrh
1 tablespoon of Goldenseal
1 teaspoon of Cayenne
1 cup of Vodka

Put ingredients into a jar. Place plastic wrap between lid and jar. Keep out of the sun. Shake once a day for two weeks. Strain, label “External Use Only”. Add to your summer first aid kit.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
When was the last time I saw Myrrh at the drugstore? And what is Goldenseal?. With the vodka, you sure I don't want to make this into a toddy?:p:rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goldenseal is a plant root. Both Goldenseal and Myrrh are easilt obtained at a healthfood store or herb store.

·
Registered
396 Posts
There are two types (1) Gout (2) Pseudogout. Several years ago, after a heart attack and other medical problems, I had an attack of Pseudogout. It normally occurs after an injury or major medical problems. It took a lot of time but eventually it went away and has not reoccured. I did not take the prescribed meds because of the side effects...'sure hurt like heck though. I would have tried what you are discussing.....but....I might have just drank the vodka. No....not really....if you look at the web sights on pseudogout ...heavy drinking is one of the suspected causes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts