Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input on the GP 100 10mm Talo with 3 inch barrel. I have been a 10mm fan for 30 years. I have many in both semi auto and revolver. I am looking for input on the 3 inch barrel. I really prefer 4 in. Or longer but like the full underlug better.what are your thoughts and experience with this gun? I have a GP in .357 and love it.
Is there anyway to get a 4 inch full lug 10mm?

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I have the same model and really like it. Had the three inch 357 first. I think it handles the 10mm well. I only just shot the 40 S&W rounds in it recently. Only one light strike. My other 10 is a semi auto. I’m thinking about getting another.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have the Match champion in 10mm, not full under lug but I am happy with it. One to consider may be the 5 inch blue without under lug. It might feel the same with respect to balance. Anybody have the 5 inch to provide comment?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’ve had the 3” 10mm GP100 for a couple years. It’s very accurate, 100% reliable with moonclipped or loose 10mm ammo and just a nice revolver. It’s a bit heavy for EDC and I replaced the grips with polymer Hogues because my middle finger gets abused by the trigger guard on any revolver. But it’s a solid performer with jacketed or cast bullets.
AND it doesn’t fling ejected brass into the next ZIP code.

For what it’s worth, I chrono’d my favorite 180gr handload in my 5” SR1911 and in the 3” GP100. The GP gives up less than 50 fps to the longer, unvented semiauto.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve had the 3” 10mm GP100 for a couple years. It’s very accurate, 100% reliable with moonclipped or loose 10mm ammo and just a nice revolver. It’s a bit heavy for EDC and I replaced the grips with polymer Hogues because my middle finger gets abused by the trigger guard on any revolver. But it’s a solid performer with jacketed or cast bullets.
AND it doesn’t fling ejected brass into the next ZIP code.

For what it’s worth, I chrono’d my favorite 180gr handload in my 5” SR1911 and in the 3” GP100. The GP gives up less than 50 fps to the longer, unvented semiauto.
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I ordered one from my LGS. Yesterday, I hope to have it soon. My other 10s are looking forward to their new sibling! I will need 1 more after that to round out the number 10,10s

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can see wanting one, I have the 3" GP100 44 and it's a great size. I do have the Match CHampion GP100 10mm and I would prefer, stylistically a full lug version, but it just doesn't exist. However I will say that the 4.2" half lug balances VERY nicely and again, while I slightly prefer the looks of a full lug, the half lug has grown on me (I'd love a 4.2" full lug unfluted version!). Another thing to consider is that with the 4.2" MC GP100 10mm you get the interchangeable front sight, you don't get that on the 3" or 5".

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just bought a GP100 Match Champion in 10mm today. Managed to get out to the range with it this afternoon with factory ammo and moved the sights around. So far I'm happy. Have to get supplys for reloading.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can see wanting one, I have the 3" GP100 44 and it's a great size. I do have the Match CHampion GP100 10mm and I would prefer, stylistically a full lug version, but it just doesn't exist. However I will say that the 4.2" half lug balances VERY nicely and again, while I slightly prefer the looks of a full lug, the half lug has grown on me (I'd love a 4.2" full lug unfluted version!). Another thing to consider is that with the 4.2" MC GP100 10mm you get the interchangeable front sight, you don't get that on the 3" or 5".
That is exactly what I was thinking. I wanted the 4.2 inch with the full lug unfluted, same as you described. Maybe Ruger can come out with one and then I will have to get that one also. Damn excuse to get another gun!😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts