Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very pleased to out shoot My Brother in Law who hit a white rag We used as a target with My #4 MK-1 Enfield Rifle at about 100 yards.
He thought He was a good shot until I did the same with My Ruger GP-100
with the 6"Barrel.
It surprised Me that I could do that and He was Mad because everyone else razzed the h-ll out of Him.
It may have just been a one time thing but I love My Ruger.

·
Super Moderator
21,482 Posts
I have a 4" version and it is as accurate as I am. I don't think there is a better 357 Mag revolver made these days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great post. Brings back a memory – some twenty-five years past – of when some friends and I went small game hunting after Christmas. We took our pistols along for some target practice down along the Youghigany river here in southwest Pennsylvania. It is not particularly a deep river and in the winter when the temp drops it turns into a shamble of ice sculptures. While we were eating our lunch, I noticed one of the "sculptures" looked like Dumbo the elephant, complete with a dark area where the eye should be. We all got a good laugh and I commented that I could knock the "eye" out with my 44 Superblackhawk. The jibes started at that point as the distance was around 100 yards, and the betting insued...basically double-dirty-dog daring me to try. In all honesty, the pistol did the work, but when I squeezed the round off, the eye turned from black to white. I'll never forget that day. Thanks for bringing back a fond memory of hunting with some buddies. Have a good one

·
Super Moderator
21,482 Posts
Good shooting. Think you could still do it?

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,472 Posts
Good post .... GP-100s are my favorite DA revolvers. Hint! Try posting in the DA Revolver forum next time. Pistols are those nasty bottom feeders.

·
Registered
43 Posts
quote:Originally posted by terry_p

Good shooting. Think you could still do it?
Well the revolver hasn't changed, and luckily for me, the sights are nice and BIG. A little practice and who knows! I think it's time to get that .44 out and start shootin' it again. My son has finally reached the age where he can start hunting with me ... I am really getting the hankering to start pistol hunting again.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts