Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While disassembleing and inspecting my GP100 for a much needed cleaning I found what appears to be casting imperfection in the socket of the hammer where the hammer strut rides. It's a verry small and round, the weard part is I think it's supose to be there because it acts like a spacer or shim to keep the hammer strut from walking around in the socket. It dosent ride on the tip of the hammer strut just positions it agenst the hammer.
Is it suposto be there or should i remove it.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,415 Posts
Well, I pulled the hammer out of my GP-100 and took a look. The round nub on the hammer strut is contained on one side of the hammer slot by a side piece. The other side of the slot in my hammer has a ramp that keeps the strut from climbing out. I don't see a small round thing. Could be Ruger changed the way they make the hammer ... could be a flaw. If it doesn't get in the way of the hammer strut, I wouldn't get too worried about it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
When I took my 6" GP apart the first time I found some casting slag inside. A little work with the file & some polishing & it was fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts