Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to get my GP100 out of the safe and noticed the right half of the adjustable rear site was missing. For the life of me I can't figure out how or when this could have happened. Has this happened to any body else. Guess I will call Ruger and see if they will send me a new one.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I'm wondering if you hit it on something and that side broke off.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bought my GP100 for cheap a month or so back. Had the same problem. Bought one on Rugers web site. Shipping and the sight was under 20.00. Easy to put in also. My LGS told me the guy who traded it in had stuffed it in a pistol rug a little ruff and broke it off.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
That's wierd ! Those sight blades are tough pieces of steel. Never had that happen with Rugers, Colts, Smiths

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Airdale - Here's a link to a couple of replacements direct from Ruger. You can also get them other places like Midway, Brownell's, etc.

Sights-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Ruger sells the one that broke for $7.50. But if you need some other stuff from Midway or Brownell's you can just add one to your order and save some shipping costs.

Wave

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the input, just wish I could figure out how it got broke so I don't do it again. Thinking I may go ahead and put a HiViz sight on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts