Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
California resident here. Apparently the two GP100s on the "safe" roster are the GP100 #01758 and the adjustable Match Champion #01756.

I can't find anything about the #01758 - anybody know what it is? Only clues on the roster website are that it is .357 MAG, 4.2", "Steel" material.

Anybody got back access to Davidson's full listing and see if it's a special model or something?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
California roster list basically total BS! Meaning that I feel sorry people who enjoy to have guns to hunt & shoot with have to go by a roster list of approved guns of what guns they can own!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cross referencing the Calif Roster to the Ruger catalogue can be very frustrating. Best I can tell 4.2" SS GP100 357 (not the MC model) is Ruger Model #01705 - catalogue no. KGP-141. I quite sure this is correct since I live in Calif and I just took delivery of one through my local FFL. This gun is stainless steel, full underlug, Hogue rubber grip, adjustable rear sight. I believe that there are five other GP100's on the roster - the 4.2" blued version of mine, the 6" SS and blued versions (same as mine just a 6" barrel) and two versions of the MC model - both stainless 4.2" - one with an adj rear sight and the other has the fixed Novak rear sight. Ruger actually has a website that list "Calif Compliant Handguns". There aren't many and they are all revolvers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As Per Roster
"KGP-141 / Stainless Steel Revolver 4" .357 Magnum 1/1/2017"

That model is in fact the 4" GP100 SS 357mag, model# 01705, catalog# KGP-141.

Jre32 is correct. Your FFL will just need to cross reference the Ruger Model# 01705 with the catalog# KGP-141.

As for the model# 01758, if I remember right its suppose to be 327mag caliber not 357mag; a type-o on the roster.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Model #01758 was/is a stainless 4" special Friends of the NRA model. Limited production only for the promotion.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Model #01758 was/is a stainless 4" special Friends of the NRA model. Limited production only for the promotion.
Does anybody else see the irony in this?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
California roster list basically total BS! Meaning that I feel sorry people who enjoy to have guns to hunt & shoot with have to go by a roster list of approved guns of what guns they can own!:rolleyes:
The 'safe handgun' roster applies to sale/transfer of, not ownership, of certain handguns. Not all handguns, just semi-auto pistols and DA revolvers. It applies to all sales/transfers of new guns of those types, and any sale of dealer-owned used guns of those types. In private party to private party sales/transfers of used handguns, the 'safe handgun' roster does not apply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts