Ruger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's a sad state of affairs when you have to jump thru so many hoops to get what should have been in box from the beginning! That said, personally speaking I would send it back as many times as necessary to get it right. There is simply no reason for anyone to accept less than great. Not "perfect" mind you, just great. Anything less is simply not acceptable, especially from a company like Ruger, who spent so many years building a great reputation. The last few years have seen a significant decline in that reputation, which is just plain sad.
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to say, but Ruger firearms are not known for their "gorgeous blue finishes". I've never seen a Ruger with a high-grade blue finish.

That said, what they did for you sucks, and they can do better than THAT.

You can work to get them to make better on that, or live with it, get it blued by a company that does that WELL, get it refinished in DLC, or get it hard chromed?

They do stainless finishes pretty well! ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,276 Posts
I hope when your odyssey ends you will have a revolver you are proud of and can enjoy shooting. What a long strange trip it has been.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ruger Royal Phoenix from 2012 with factory high polish finish.

View attachment 144769
Nice. I had a royal phoenix believe it or not.Came with the hogue wood grips and a high polish blue. I sold it like a maroon a few years back. Those were special run, by Lipsey or Davidson's, I can't remember which.

My current one; I just want a uniform finish, no stains or cloudiness. Doesn't have to be a mirror blue.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Ruger can still do a decent blued steel finish. My 2015 production Super Single-six purchased LNIB a year ago has a very nice blued steel finish.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Nice. I had a royal phoenix believe it or not.Came with the hogue wood grips and a high polish blue. I sold it like a maroon a few years back. Those were special run, by Lipsey or Davidson's, I can't remember which.

My current one; I just want a uniform finish, no stains or cloudiness. Doesn't have to be a mirror blue.
Your are right, Lipsey commissioned them. They were shipped with Hogue fancy wood grips. I replaced them with the Eagle grips and added the fiber optic front sight. For shooting the Hogue’s are far superior but, I like the Eagle grips otherwise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As people might have followed, I sent my GP100 back and forth from Ruger many times. The first time was for a stained blued finish and BC gap problem. That came back with a crooked barrel. Sent back to straighten barrel, gun came back with horribly stained blued finish.
Today I received the Revolver back for the 3rd time. I’ll let the photos of the rebluing job speak for themselves. View attachment 144673 View attachment 144674 View attachment 144675
I'm very surprised that Ruger has not stepped up to the plate and made this right. I'd contact the CEO and blast this all over the firearm forums. No one wants bad publicity.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm very surprised that Ruger has not stepped up to the plate and made this right. I'd contact the CEO and blast this all over the firearm forums. No one wants bad publicity.
see my post 14 in this thread. I emailed the CEO, and his assistant put a manger at the NH plant on my case. the gun was sent back to the ATT of the manager, to be reblued. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Good luck. I suspect you will be happy this time.

Most people don't seem to realize 2 things.
1. If you do decent work to begin with, customers will be happy with a lower quality than after you've had to fix it. In other words, once you find one flaw, you start seeing more flaws you otherwise would have overlooked.
2. What you do when there is a problem means more than what you do when all is well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Honestly Ruger should ship all new guns with a pre paid return label already in the box!
My last 3 Ruger revolvers had to go back: SP101 in 327 over sized cylinders, GP100 in 327 canted barrel, flattop bisley in 44 special boogered screws and deep ridges in the forcing cone.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts