Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally acquired my GP100 5" model in Stainless Steel, took it completely apart and polished the innards and left the springs alone for now... and now for some dirty pictures!

Images after putting through about 250 rounds through it, started out with .357 Magnum loads followed by some testing for .38spl & .38spl +P and finally finishing up with .38spl cowboy loads, hence the filthy dirty end result!

Testing was done from 25yards from sand bags.

Me likey a lot!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nice pic's and indeed that is one dirty weapon.
I want to polish the Internals on my gp100 when I get it soon. Was it much hassle ? Did u use say 1000 grit s/ paper? Details would be much appreciated . Cheers gunna.

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of the things I love about stainless guns is you can get em that dirty, and not worry like a school girl till you have a chance to clean them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice pic's and indeed that is one dirty weapon.
I want to polish the Internals on my gp100 when I get it soon. Was it much hassle ? Did u use say 1000 grit s/ paper? Details would be much appreciated . Cheers gunna.
I followed the SP101 Trigger Instructions as the GP is the same, used 2K grit automotive black sandpaper from Walmart, used oil on the 2K grit to polish.

I previously did my former SP101 .22 caliber and that turned out so great that my best friend of 34 years decided she wanted that one for herself to which I said 'Of course it's your's honey'!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Great thanks !

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I polished mine also and changed the springs. What a gun! I liked it so much that I purchased a 3".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts