Ruger Forum banner

GP100 and SP101

5K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  BikerRN 
#1 ·
Took the GP and SP to the range yesterday. The more I shoot the GP, the better I like it. I've always liked the SP, but for sheer pleasure to shoot, the GP wins, hands down.....:D

#8 ·
Every time I mentioned how much I like shooting my 4" GP100, my son reminds me how I sniffed when he said it was a great revolver and how fast I bought one after he finally forced me to shoot his. It's one of those guns that are just a pleasure to shoot. I didn't think it had much recoil until I started shooting the same ammo in it and my new Blackhawk .357. Same loads seem a bit snappier in the GP100. I've been eyeing SP101's but I think the BH took me out of that market for a while. Ruger did a fine job on these revolvers.

#12 ·
lanber, shouldn't be a problem. I actually enjoy shooting my .454 but that's just me. :D It's actually suppose to be the HD gun for the wife so I'm sure it will get a steady diet of .38's, I don't want her to be afraid of it. If she doesn't enjoy it, I'll find it a happy home somewhere in my weekly range routine for it.

#22 ·
I have regretted every gun I've sold or traded, except one.

The "one" was a jamamatic Block 36. :) I don't miss that gun and used it to trade for a S&W 686+ with a 5" Barrel. It recently went adios as I traded for a 4" GP100 using the 686+ as "Trading Material".

I need the 4" Barrel of the GP100 for the Police Games next year. I would've liked to have kept the 686+ except it had a "Hillary Hole" and I do hate those. I am slowly getting rid of all my "Hillary Hole" S&W's and replacing them with either older S&W's or Rugers.

I guess you could say that I don't regret getting rid of the 686+ either. :)

Biker

#23 ·
You can add me to the "regretable trade" list. I traded away two wonderful firearms over the past two years and swore I would only buy from here-on-out. I ended up on the plus side in one trade, though; a CZ P01 traded away for a S&W M19-3(?) P&R with original nickel and grips (95%+ condition).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.