Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many have followed my GP100 bluing fiasco with Ruger factory mess ups over and over.
My last post mentioned that Mr. Chris Peters took the helm of my case. He’s a talented gunsmith. The polish and bluing is reminiscent of the old times, when people took pride in their craft. It’s a polished blue that looks blue in some lighting and a nice silky black in other lighting. No signs of brown or cloudy stains. Just Python-esqe finish.

I once owned a GP100 royal Phoenix.. and I believe this finish is even a stepabove that one.
Here’s the reveal:

·
Exchequer
4,503 Posts
Thanks for taking us along on the ride (saga). Glad it has finally been resolved.

Like they say, fifth time's the charm.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,642 Posts
Excellent outcome! My hat's off to you for following through with your revolver. I wish you many years of shooting with this beauty. Mr. Chris Peters and Ruger stepped up to the plate but I also commend you on your journey here.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Very nice finally. It is really a shame all the crap you had to go through to get it looking like it should have when you got it home the first time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks good...finally! Nice wood. It makes me wonder how many don't go back but maybe should; and how many are just great right outta the bag? I would have to say most are great from the get-go or they'd go out of business. Blemishes are one thing, but when the gaps are off or it quits going bang after one box of ammo, those are serious things that the QC Dept. needs an upgrade. If it's made right, it'll keep going bang for years to come.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Persistence pays off! Glad it was finally rectified. Ruger usually does a "bang-up" job and I can't understand why this took 5 tries to get it right. It looks great...now to spend some time on the range! Happy shootin'.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts