Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I recently added two TALO GP100's to my collection of things that go "bang" I decided to get between 500 and 1000 trigger squeezes on both the WC and the Unfluted 6". I only ran a few initial live rounds through each, so tonight I am sitting in front of the TV with snap caps in the WC. I have pulled the trigger about 250 times in the last few minutes and besides getting harder because I am wearing out, I have worn a smooth spot on my finger. :D

By this weekend I should have 1000 snaps on each one and I will see how the triggers are coming along. So far I have been impressed with the initial feel on each gun, and if the information on this forum is correct I can expect them to get even better.

On a side note...

Who sells replacement fingers? ;)

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
If it does nothing else you get to have fun playing with your new guns. If you want to really improve the action there are more direct methods but this way you get to practice other trigger skills - balance a coin on the barrel, etc. Enjoy getting to know your new GPs!

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
I, typically, open them up and run a very (very, very) fine grain sandpaper on the trigger to get rid of any burrs and shine them up just slightly...that seems to do the trick much faster and more complete than 1K trigger pulls...just sayin'!

Main reason I haven't had to research replacement fingers...probably couldn't afford them anyway?

Enjoy your new toys...I don't think I've ever been able to afford to add two so close together!

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Sounds like some armchair fun. I enjoy sitting back, relaxing, and breaking in a new firearm. Congratulations on the new GPs. Both are very cool models.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just wondering. Metal or plastic snap caps, and are they really necessary? I thought Ruger said you could dry fire the GP? thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds like some armchair fun. I enjoy sitting back, relaxing, and breaking in a new firearm. Congratulations on the new GPs. Both are very cool models.
I get "are you o.k." look from my wife. I do like to dry fire.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't understand. Why not just shoot the guns?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I just let mine break in naturally, like a pair of boots lol

At the rate that I have to fight for range time, some of mine may be broken in by 2025......

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hmm...I just add lighter springs and INSTANTLY the gun shoots better!!! Just saying! But, have fun pulling the trigger and handling your GP's!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I'm just trying to figure out how to sneak in two new GP100s past my wife. One I have done, but two might be stretching it. Oh, wait, did I say that at loud! :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do a little dry fire practice in the morning before work sometimes. Like 12-24 pulls. The rest of the time I am firing it if I am pulling the trigger.

Ruger break in should be load it, fire it, repeat until you are either out of time or ammunition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts