Ruger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
OP Here: I got my rosewood grips from worldwide grips (https://www.worldwidegrips.com/) a few weeks ago and i thought I’d give an update along with some pictures.
Overall, I’m just as impressed with these grips as I was with the grips I bought from Worldwide for my colt model 3-5-7: The quality of the wood is absolutely top-notch, and the shape of the grips fit my hands perfectly. The finish on the wood is excellent, even on the inside of the grip, which you can see in the pictures I included. The finish is a simple matte lacquer, which I really prefer with rosewood. Just imagine the rosewood fretboard of a high-end classical guitar; that’s basically the texture, appearance and quality that you’re getting here. These grips have just slightly more girth than the hogue grips that came with the match champ, which is exactly what I was looking for.
In fact, I liked these grips so much that I ended out buying another pair which I haven’t installed yet. I included a pic of those ones as well. Now I just need to buy another GP100 to put them on!
The only difficulty I had was that I needed to slightly alter the inside of the grip using a dremmel tool in order to get it to fit properly. However, I’m fairly certain that this is because my GP100 is match champion in 10mm, which I believe has slightly different contouring under the trigger guard. I had to remove a very small amount of wood from this area. However: Andrew (the owner) tests all his grips on an actual gp100, as shown by the pictures his website, so I fully trust that these would have fit on a standard gp100 without any alteration. By the way, that’s actually one of the nicest parts of worldwide grips: you can view pictures of the exact grips that you’re planning in buying, fully installed on a pistol.

Anyway, the takeaway is that I would very highly recommend these grips, as well as any of the other grips from his selection. Truly superb quality for rock-bottom prices...what more can you ask for??

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
These are ebays jarwuan's grips on my GP100. I have large hands and these are great.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
These are ebays jarwuan's grips on my GP100. I have large hands and these are great.

Those look like the exact same grips actually. I wouldn’t be surprised if “Jarwuan” is an eBay profile that this guy (or his company) used to use.
You found a great pair for your gp100! One of the coolest things about rosewood is the huge range of appearance.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts