Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, not sure if I should've put this in one of the other sections or not. Just wondering if there are any grip makers that make laminate grips in custom colors for the GP100. I've been looking for a while and while I did find one grip maker that is absolutely amazing, they unfortuneately don't make any grips for Ruger guns (Ahrends, those bastards). Not sure if this would be considered heresy on here or not, but Ahrends makes some damn fine looking retro target grips styled after the old S&W target grips. If I could get a set of those in silver-black dymondwood for my blued GP100, it would be perfection. :D Eagle grips also has a "Heritage" series styled after the old S&W grips, but alas, they don't make it for any Ruger revolvers.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I believe Hogue makes some laminate grips for the GP100

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe Hogue makes some laminate grips for the GP100
Ah yeah, forgot to explain that in my last post. I know Hogue makes lamo camo grips, but I don't really like the color. I wanted something darker in color (like those silver-black dymondwood grips, but Ahrends sucks!).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hogue Rosewood Laminate.

Ah yeah, I forgot they also had the rosewood laminate! Maybe I'll spring for those (or the good ol' regular rosewood) sans the finger grooves. I like the stock hogue rubber grips, but the groove placement is a little weird for my hand and doesn't allow me to hold as high as I'd like.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Here's another option. Get the old style Lett grips and pick up the panels seperately.

These laminates are on my Alaskans but they also fit the GPs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's another option. Get the old style Lett grips and pick up the panels seperately.

These laminates are on my Alaskans but they also fit the GPs

Y'know, after seeing those Lett grips, I really do want a pair, When I first saw pics of the GP100 with them, I didn't really like the look, but I've seen a few with custom grip inserts that look absolutely beautiful. I've been googling around to see if anyone still sells them, but I've found nothing but a few expired auctions for used ones. I know that Altamont makes their own set styled after the Lett ones. If I say bought a pair of inserts made for the original factory Lett grips, would they fit in the Altamont grips, or do the Altamonts have different dimensions? If anyone knows, please chime in! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, just got a response from Altamont actually. They said in the email that their grips are the original factory rubber ones, so any custom inserts will fit. Just in case anyone wanted to know!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
It seems to me they are all the same. The rubber grips are normally available on Midway's site but they are on back order right now. Normally they sell for a little over $8 and you'll also need the grip locator which Midway also carries for a little over $2. Check this web site for panels chigsgrips.com. He made the three I have oin the picture. He's very reasonable and you can't bet the fit and finish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts