Ruger Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Their CS Dept. is by far one of the best in the U.S. market, IMO. From personal experience and from literally scores of other people's experiences I've read about on gun forums. Don't be surprised if you have your repaired, if needed, revolver back in your hands inside of two weeks from now. Get your range bag ready now! And yes, please let us know what's up. I may have missed it, but what caliber is your gun? And how long have you had it? I only ask because I have the 7-shot also. I may want to pay attention to mine in that area for any changes in wear, etc.
Thanks! Jeff T., PGH PA
It is a .357, produced in 2019. I am the 2nd owner and have had it only a couple months. The original owner put about 100 rounds through it.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Looking forward to hearing what Ruger does for you. They have an excellent customer service reputation, I'm sure they will make it right. (y)

·
Registered
677 Posts
My 4 blued GP100 has a more shallow similar cut either from factory fitting or wear from slight contact with the frame from opening/closing. I see a spot on my frame the blue is worn off from that spot making contact. They may vary slightly after rolling off the assembly line and some may need hand work to fit properly. Some of the hand fitting may be a little rougher than others. My 5" stainless GP100 has no such wear/fitting marks and that area is totally round. My SP101 has a flat spot ground off neatly obviously done at the factory. It's probably only cosmetic but a trip back to Ruger(on their dime) is a no lose situation for you. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
15,149 Posts
Going to look at my GP 100 and Redhawk next time they are out for these marks. Thank You for the thread.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts