Ruger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my Hogue grip, cleaned and lubed the gun, put on the grip, and off to the range. I like this gun. Shot a few 38spl +P in 110 gr. In .357, I shot a couple of different 110 gr., couple of 125 gr., one 140 gr., and two 158 gr. All total, I shot 80 rounds. At least I've made up my mind on what I'll only be shooting a little of at the range. (Just not as strong as I used to be.) If you haven't tried the Remington 125 gr. JSP UMC, you owe it to yourself to do so. This is what I believe true magnum power is; big bang, flame, big kick. Unfortunately, the Hogue grips are just bigger than what I'm looking for, but I will say that they seemed to settle down the power cartridges. Still waiting for the postman to bring the Ruger compact grips.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am a little late to the discussion, but I will add this photo for anyone in the future that comes upon this discussion seeking grip info.

Here is a picture of three GP-100 grips, from left to right, a Hogue, the large Ruger, and the compact Ruger.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Critch, Lett made wood grip inserts for GP100s but they did not make the rubber. Likewise with Altamont …. they started making grips and panels for Ruger after Mr Lett passed away and have become the exclusive wood grip supplier for Ruger. The same rubber products company still makes the grip bodies.
Is Sile the company that makes the rubber portion of the grips?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts